post replypost new topic
How To Treat My Meth Addiction
Anonymousaddict29

Posted: July 2, 2017, 9:06 AM
So, Ive used meth for going on 8-9 months, with one 3 week cold turkey intermission before relapsing. I dont feel an enjoyable high from it, it doesnt make me feel geeked up or speedy, i dont get jittery, or talkative. If anything i feel i have became dependent on it because of my life style. The benefits for me would be a slight energy boost, and the appetite suppressant. I work 6 days a week, at a fast paced job surrounded by food. Its a huge relief to not want anything to eat and still be able to function normally. a typical day for me is waking up an hour before my shift, taking a few hits to wake me up (if i have slept, that is) then going to work. i typically work about 8-9 hours (no use during these hours). when i get home i dont feel the need to rush to smoke. i am a very introverted person and enjoy being isolated and using has became my pass time activity while doing other enjoyable things, while i assume giving me energy to stay awake and continue to do these things until im either tired enough to sleep or staying awake all night and heading to work. I have had several people tell me that it seems that it doesn't effect me, that i act exactly the same while smoking as i do not under the influence. the people closets to me do not use, or suspect im using, When i quit before the main withdraws i encountered where increased appetite, and sever fatigue. I was falling asleep during work, and in 3 weeks gained at least 15 lbs. After my relapse my weight went back to normal ( i had not lost a large amount of weight before hand, maybe 10 lbs) and my energy levels seemed normal again. Ive always been a night owl and had trouble sleeping, i seem to be more active at night. I honestly feel i could do with or without this drug. When im using i quit smoking cigs, and drastically cut back on my weed intake. along with alcohol consumption. My main reasons for quitting are because its so hard for me to get it and its becoming a risk getting it. Any kind of legal ramifications scare the hell out of me to the point that if i feel in anyway unsure about getting it, i wont, i will back out of deals that i have already paid for and not even receive money back, this alone has cost me 500$ this last month. Along with the legal risks, i fear people becoming aware of my use because the associations with this drug are horrible.i would be embarrassed and ashamed if it was known. There have been a few times some one has tried to bring it up, im from a small town and everyone gossips,but so far every time this ends with my closets people not believing it and telling others how they dont suspect me on it.I look healthy, i dont get in trouble,I work a full time job and pay my bills, I do encounter paranoia and anxiety now and then but i believe its from stress of getting more and fighting off the withdrawal symptoms or from going to long without sleep. There has to be a medication or something that i can use thats legal and i can benefit from instead of this drug. I dont believe im emotionally dependent on it, when im upset or sad i dont want it, but within two days i am exhausted and cant function how i need to. I would say on average i smoke about half a gram to a gram a day, taking in the most alone at night. I wouldnt mind doing some kind of treatment or counseling, but i cant help but feel that i have more benefits from this drug, but i know i cant continue to take the risks to get it. I was wondering if anyone had taken any medications to counter the withdrawals or if there is a medication i could start taking that could bring me the same benefits. Im not denying an addiction with it, but i do feel as if it would be easier to quit and not relapse if i was able to continue being as productive and also have the same mentality i have while on this drug. Any suggestions are appreciated..

Posted: July 18, 2017, 3:20 PM
There are so many other things you can do as a "past time" then meth. You might not feel all those things you mentioned yet but you will if you keep using it. I saw this with my ex - he's been using it for 18 years now. This last OD he had he was in the hospital for 2 days. He was apparently incoherent and thought people were chasing after him. He told me he heard voices and then fell asleep and just didn't wake up for a day or so. I'm not sure how many more chances he has left before he completely fries his brain or kills himself. I bet at first he thought the same thing you did. If you need an energy boost there are so many other ways to do that and appetite suppressant - go to a counselor to control that.

Those people might not see the effects yet but they will. Trust me. I didn't notice it at first with my ex husband but eventually I did. They will find out and you could end up losing your job eventually.

"I honestly feel i could do with or without this drug." Then do without it!!! It's not worth it. My ex husband has been in and out of jail since he was 20. He's had two failed marriages because of meth. He isn't involved with any of his four kids because of meth. He's been in rehab FOUR times in the last 4 1/2 years. Nothing seems to work but I think it's because he doesn't want to quit. He has told me he hates to be sober. It's "boring." When I met him - he was the most outgoing person ever. He was the life of the party. Charismatic. Confident to the point of being cocky which I hated and liked. Now - he's depressed most of the time. He seems to hate life. All he wants to do is get high. He's only ever sober maybe 2 months at a time. When he's sober he's a good person. But it's so rare I don't know if that's him or not.

I've never used meth. I did a little weed in college. But none of it is worth it. It's not worth my career, my daughter, my freedom. None of it is.

You really need to talk to a friend or a counselor or someone who can help you to not spend money and to keep yourself on track. Go find a NA meeting. Any kind of meeting and see if it helps.

"There has to be a medication or something that i can use thats legal and i can benefit from instead of this drug." No and just no. Drugs aren't the answer. You need to learn to live without drugs. Life sucks and sometimes it's hard. But I have learned to deal with life in my 35 years on this planet. I think you can too and any other addict.

Meth benefits NO ONE. There is nothing good that comes from meth. Ever. Nothing. You will lose EVERYTHING if you keep doing it. Take it from someone who lived with and was married to an addict and has seen him literally lose everything. If you keep it up you will and eventually it will kill you.

Posted: February 5, 2019, 1:28 AM
I am going to be brutally honest here. .you are completely in denial..you are a full blown meth addict...meth changes the dopamine in your brain and when you don't use it tour dopamine levels drop...and you need more and more to feel normal and function. I know this because I have been a meth addict for a long time...my boyfriend is also a meth addict...we have both been in treatment for it...there are other medications that mimic meth such as Adderall ..Ritalin and Vyvanse...but it is hard to find a doctor to prescribe them to you if you are a meth addict...

Posted: February 5, 2019, 2:26 AM
Continued from last post...I had a job. .a home...a car...I was close with my children and family..I used to work out..I was very outgoing and physically and mentally stable...my boyfriend was very loving and considerate..he cherished our relationship..for years we loved life together sober. .now everything has changed...he is not trustworthy..he steals from me and my family and our friends...he has all of the symptoms that you mentioned when he doesn't have meth for a couple of days...he is lethargic and sleeps for days and eats and gains weight back very quickly...he will swear that he is done but then is right back out there doing whatever he needs to do to get his dope...we have both been in treatment a couple of times for this and will do well for a month or so but then usually he will start back up again and I just get to feeling some kind of way and use too..
It's a vicious cycle...I am scared that I and he will never be the people we were before...
He is in treatment now but I just don't gbcet my hopes up ever that he will stay clean...I don't know if I can do it either.I was just like you in the beginning. .I thought that I had it under control..mentally I am not the same and he is now a untrustworthy and empty she'll of a man...please get help before it is to late. .

Posted: December 4, 2019, 8:32 AM
You may think it’s just a “pass time” thing. From horrific experience it grips your soul before you even realize it. There’s no such thing as a functioning addict. Definitely not on meth. It’s powerful. It takes moms from their kids and they still do it. It’s taken everything from you yet you still do it. It owns you and changed you forever.
post replypost new topic