post replypost new topic
How Long Does It Take To Become "hooked"?
JohnSmith

Posted: May 3, 2017, 5:53 AM
I would like you ask you guys that have a lot of experience with speed your honest first hand experience/wisdom/advice. Short and sweet. Basically, I was a opioid addict for several years. Anybody that has had serious problems with pills and/or heroin for several years or more can tell you that after you go through the hell that is heroin detox you have a long period where you have ZERO energy, I mean ZERO and a certain level of depression (but not terrible after the first few weeks) just a general sadness. My biggest issue is I need to get my a** off my siblings couch and get a job so I can start repairing the damage ive done to myself and my friends/family. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS NO ENERGY. So my stupid a** started experimenting with speed so I have the energy to get up and do things. I know VERY STUPID. Just trading one horrible thing for another and trying to justify it somehow. I realize this much. So im several weeks clean off opioids to the point where I dont have the strong cravings for it, witch im feeling good about. But Ive been using speed(STUPID I KNOW) for I would say 3 or four weeks total, not every day. I would say honestly a small dose every 2 to 3 days on average at this point(more at first to get through work I would tell myself)I actually slowed down because I lost my job (no money) witch is actually a good thing. Im a complete novice to this substance so even a very small amount is very strong for me. I dont get euphoric "head" high from it and Dont get cravings for it yet, thank god. On the days I dont take it I just go back to having ZERO energy and slight depression.................. How long did it take for you guys to get to the point where you could not stop?................... P.S. Im dropping this s*** now because Im scared I will get to the point of "needing" and craving it. The opioids crept up on me and I was naive. Before I knew it, I needed them just to function. I am wise enough now to know that anybody that thinks they can get away with "only using a little" or that they are somehow special or strong enough to "control" their usage is just fooling themselves. Ive had long time users tell me that it dosnt cause intense cravings and horible withdrawls like the opioids but it more that they get annoyed with not having energy and bored on their off days. I have a strong suspicion from my years battling with opioids that these guys are not really being honest with themselves and in denial about the severity of their problem. Any ideas, thoughts, advice on the subject is welcome. Thank You Very much.
vera

Posted: June 7, 2017, 3:54 PM
everyday is a work in progress. Be strong ask the lord to guide you. See all the help
you can get. Don't give up on you. Take care!

Posted: July 18, 2017, 3:11 PM
My ex husband has been using meth since he was 17. The longest I think he's been sober is 2 months. I would say the three years he was in prison but I heard he may have had something snuck in. I wasn't around nor talking to him at that time. He was married to his first wife then (she snuck whatever in actually).

I asked him why he ever tried that crap - "these people I was with were doing it and it looked cool." I wasn't aware being awake for days, being paranoid and hearing voices was cool.

He's now 35 - four kids with three women. He doesn't do a damn thing for any of them but he can sure find himself some meth. Hasn't held a job for more than five months since I've known him (and I've known him since we were 18). If you don't want to end up like this stop doing meth now. I have absolutely no idea why in the world anyone does it when you don't even know what the hell is in it other than a bunch of chemicals.

Oh he's also at his fourth rehab trip in 4 1/2 years. Two different rehabs twice now. I don't hold much hope for this time. He has screwed me out thousands. He has physically abused me three times when we were together.

I don't know how long until he became addicted to it but he's been using more than half of his life now. It's not worth it. Not worth the pain it causes you or your loved ones.

If you need a "pick me up" try exercise, coffee, anything but meth or any other drugs. Go talk to a drug counselor. Go to a meeting. Anything but meth.
post replypost new topic