next >  post replypost new topic
Psoriasis + Meth . Anyone Familiar?
joe shmoe

Posted: July 12, 2004, 12:28 AM
I have psoriasis a skin condition and do this s*** and it makes my skin a whole lot worse...was wondering if anyone is or knows someone with this problem and can tell me how it affects them.
JoeShmoe
Helen

Posted: July 19, 2004, 5:35 PM
Your use of drugs makes your skin condition worse. I have a son who has the same thing. Best thing to do is stop the drugs. I just got my son out of jail, after paying $2500.00 of money I worked hard for all my life. There goes my high!
BrandonEdward

Posted: July 29, 2004, 12:41 PM
What goes in...must come out. After consuming meth, your body has encountered something chemically foreign. The body's natural reaction is to get rid of it. This process causes an infection in your body that causes a clear, sticky fluid discharge and it develops anywhere on your skin. If the infection is more severe or goes untreated with antibiotics, it can cause boils of infected fluid in your body and it can and will eventually KILL YOU. First, you get flu-like symptoms for about 42 hours. Second, you become weak to the point that you are unable to move until you become unconsious...THEN YOUR HEART STOPS...PERMANENTLY!!
ROLLERCOASTER RIDER

Posted: August 1, 2004, 3:48 PM
GO TO: WWW.CRYSTALMETH.ORG

YOU DON'T HAVE PSORIASIS, YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION PROBLEM DUE TO SUBSTANCE ABUSE. GET YOURSELF INTO REHAB ASAP AND START LIVING!

ROLLERCOASTER RIDER
kaaat

Posted: September 17, 2004, 8:57 AM
ive had psoriasis since the age of 13 and started using meth at 15, im now 30
and hate my addiction. although i never advertise either topics, i had to let you know i can relate your not crazy methampheatmine absolutely makes psoriasis
extremly worse years ago i tried to blame antything else but this is where my addict life has led me ha ha really not funny smiley face seriously though take it from someone who does know. i mean depending on the quality of the dope your using whitch you know always varies some kinds will just make my skin burn and when im sober that only happens when im stessed out and i mean you can just feel it in your skin burning like fire. on the dope the burning is extremly worse sometimes. and just like the sober world one thing inthe addict life remains the same There is no cure for psoriasis what works for you may not work for me so just find what does work for you and just keep your outbreaks under control dont let anyone tell you your crazy though because belive me i know
Johndoe

Posted: July 15, 2013, 1:25 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I have psoriasis and also use meth occasionally. I can honestly say I use recreationally.. Not an addict at all. When i use i break out with pustular psoriasis, the most rare type. Mine usually breaks out after the second day of use. Usually my right arm and lower back (no clue why). Then Slowly goes away after 3 or 4 days of sobriety. Alcohol makes me break out with a different kind, guatte psoriasis. I can usually clear it up with a round of antibiotics since the alcohol makes me have a strep infection which I believe is the cause of my alcohol induced psoriasis. The less toxins you put in your body the better, but no one is perfect. The trick is learn your triggers and find what you can and can't do. And if you can't stop the drugs try not to use too much. Remember anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I've quit cigarettes, h, and meth after years of use. It was hard but very possible.

Posted: October 26, 2014, 2:37 PM
I really liked this information.

--------------------
192.168.l.l
Raylynn

Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:22 PM
I had psoriasis since I was 7 and it was bad, I tried everything and it still didnt work. I started humira and around the same time I got into meth, I actually start selling it the next month of getting into it lol but i realize that my skin was clear up alot to where I didnt even have one rash, and I thought it was the humira, but when my boyfriend wanted to get sober I was willing to stay clean for him, so I stopped using s*** and my skin started to get worse my psoriasis came back full blown in three weeks. My humira wasnt working and it was painful and dry and when my boyfriend wanted to tickle me to make me laugh I would grin my teeth and tell him to stop, he knew I had psoriasis but he didnt know it hurts when its super bad, my bestfriend wanted s*** and I knew a hook up so she gave me a gram from the stash I got her.. I asked my bf if he wanted to do somr with me and he was down, I went a week on it and now my skin looks alot better im trying to quit again cause s***s not the same I dont care for the high and I need to focus on my future but im afraid my skin will worsen again, I dont know what to do but I dont want to keep my boyfriend and I twerkers forever. I want to grow up and have a family, a good family unlike the one I grew up with.
SeattleLovesRaylynn

Posted: April 8, 2015, 4:54 PM
Raylynn, I am on this board trying to help my cousin with his addiction. I just wanted to say that reading your post really made me feel for you. Especially the last couple sentences made me cry. You can do it. I believe in you. Make your future and make your family.
Psoriasis sufferer...

Posted: July 31, 2015, 11:47 AM
Raylynn. Talk to your doc about adding methotrexate or a light bed a few times a week when you have break outs. You get in the light booth for about 10-12 seconds
(Naked) and the results are crazy amazing! Also you can try going to a tanning salon with red light beds...it is awesome too! Helps clear the psoriasis, does not have any harmful rays and it has these vibrating plates that help with circulation, cellulite and more. Good luck! I am without a doc right now. Moved to a different state and I was on humira for a little over 2 years till I found out I was pregnant. I was fine until about six months after my kids were born and no I'm vovered on about 90% of my body. Very very very painful!! And no one understands. And I am always in 100 degree weather in long sleeves and anything that will fully cover my legs! I have inverse psoriasis as well which feels like any natural crease in your skin it being sliced with the edge of a sheet of paper! To top it offi look like I suffer from incredibly bad dandruff because of the psoriasis on my head which is tantamount to the embarrassment someone would feel they if they walked in front of a crowd of people in the nude! I hope you find something to couple with your humira or maybe try a diff. Biologic that you likely see advertised
On tv like Embrel...I've heard of some meds stop working because of changes in a persons chemistry! You don't need the dope that's an excuse...not to be harsh...you need a good life with beautiful kids/family...you deserve it!
Not1tohide

Posted: January 9, 2016, 6:11 AM
Hello

I am not one to hide the fact I have an aggressive autoimmune disease that pushes tru my skin. Nor will I hide the fact I am currently using meth (dope, Crystal). I had the bumps when I first started back in Sept 2015 and am getting them back as I am quitting iborser to get my condition in remission.... I fully agree it makes if all worse. The eating habits of psoriasis alone are hard enough. I was maybe eating once a day... Down to nothing... Tho I have become functiobak; eating and sleeping normally, I feel the pain in my joints I feel sick and am always getting sick... I feel what you're saying and going thru. Just know you aent alone... I beat this addiction once before. 9 years ago... No reason I can't do it again. And no reason you can't beat it either... You have to be ready to quit tho... So ask yourself everyday, am I going to usee??? And if I'd you say no, do not use that day.... 1 day at a time.... As they say in the meetings: Just for today.
JAKER

Posted: August 2, 2016, 3:38 AM
So I have had psoriasis all my life Iam 29 now just had started using meth almost a year and a Half and my skin looks great I'm in shock I've been on everything from soriataine capsules to stellara needles to cremes of every type u can imagine.as well as being in and out of sick kids hospital half my life now staying in house when there. But like the other post my skin worsened when trying to quit. So now what do I do keep using ? I'm slowly losing my life but don't have one when I'm hospitalized cause my skin is soo bad. Please if any one can share thoughts much appriciated.

***Please do not post personal contact information. Thank you, the moderators***
Mike W

Posted: October 2, 2016, 11:49 AM
I have bad psoriasis, 50% of my body and speed or "meth" makes it so much better. Literally overnight it all comes loose and peels and falls away and that's a lot. I'm talking a full dustpan of skin. That's like 2 hours of scratching and shower but my skin is so much better every time.
Mike W

Posted: October 2, 2016, 11:56 AM
Weird that speed is really bad for some people's skin and heals others. That and sun heal my psoriasis extremely noticably overnight. I'm not advocating it as I'm probably in the minority but I see others are the same as me. I'm naturally 250lbs with great teeth and bones so it's fine for me.

Posted: October 3, 2016, 10:52 PM
Well that's just great that meth helps you out in this department..I'm sure it outweighs all the negatives in other areas...and great for people to hear on this board that are trying to get off sh!t..

Posted: October 12, 2016, 9:43 PM
In my 30's and 40's I had very bad psoriasis and eczema.

I went to a recovery home in 1989 at 45yrs old and became clean/sober.
literally within months my skin began to heal and since 1990 I am normal.

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: November 2, 2016, 8:00 PM
The relationship of psoriasis and drug use is interesting. My son had an outbreak of gutte psoriasis when he was in college. It was the first time he had it, we thought it was poison ivy at first. He had a sore throat and fever, but got over it within a week so did not go to dr for antibiotics. It must have been strep. about 2-3 weeks later he started itching, and after another week or two he was covered head to toe with psoriasis. He used cortisone spray and also homeopathic medicine. over a year it took to completely go away. It stayed in remission for a year or two. Then started breaking out again when he was in California working. Over months it slowly got worse. He went to a Very Knowledgeble acupuncturist. The Psor went away completely within two weeks.

Alcohol, smoking, stress, dehydration, make psoriasis worse.

I thought the strep virus triggered the psoriasis - along with alcohol and not taking care of himself, immune system running down.... contributed to the illness. Since then, we found out my son has an addiction problem with pain meds, I wondered if he took some drugs in college that triggered it.

In the past 3 years, it will come and go. Now after reading this thread, I don't know if he breaks out when he's using or when he is clean !!!

currently, he breaks out on his back and arms and scalp. his back is covered w purple scars from pimple size psoriasis.... they itch and then scar...

I think in some people, the psoriasis acts like an allergy - allergic to the drug and to alcohol.
I guess it depends on the person and the type of psoriasis.

when a person is healthy the immune system keeps virus suppressed. When the immune system is weak, it is too weak to keep symptoms in check, therefore when a person is run down, they get sick or chronic conditions get worse.

And- when the body is fighting one illness, often it will shut down the symptoms of another illness when the immune system is not strong enough to battle more than one illness at a time.

so - if you are having the psoriasis symptoms and then use drugs, you body is then dealing with the drug use, and turns attention to that and therefore stops the sx of the psoriasis. the drug use suppresses the sx of psoriasis.

The psoriasis is still there, blocked by the current drug use. and then comes to the surface again after the drug use is over.

there are those whose drug use triggers the psoriasis - when you stop the drugs the psoriasis stops, and those who's drug use suppresses the psoriasis.

quit the drugs and take care of your health and skin. Use moisturizer. See an acupuncturist
also go to NA participate in a program

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on November 2, 2016, 8:40 PM
Girlinphx

Posted: April 16, 2019, 1:32 PM
Hi, I’m 45 and have been an everyday meth user since the age of 22,
I can’t imagine life without, but I now have a severe case ignore guttate psoriasis. I just started Humira and knowing that meth isn’t bad for your immune system and now on Humira. I feel lethargic , depressed almost as if I were detoxing .. ?
Driftwood

Posted: February 24, 2020, 10:27 PM
Wow thanks for the info I thought I was crazy but it’s true I have a bad case of scalp psoriasis and it only started up this past couple of years when I started a dope binge
Joe

Posted: February 1, 2021, 3:22 AM
I began using the fake Adderall bought on the street basically and broke out with nasty psoriasis that not only is extremely painful but unsightly. Right now I can hide it with clothes but I am so scared that it will travel to my face. NEEM oil products are helpful as it kills bacteria.
This sucks but so far no end is in sight.
post replypost new topic