Topiramate
Laurie
Posted: July 15, 2005, 12:53 AM

Just came across an epilepsy drug, topiramate, for use as addiction medication. It may not be for meth abusers, I don't know this though. I read one article that topiramate is not as potent/strong as gvg. I also came across a patent by addiction scientists on web, where topiramate is listed for nicotine, alcohol and cocaine treatment. Gvg is in this same patent, listed for meth use.
A "great" deal of info. on addictions and cause and treatment, in this patent.

Does anyone's doctor know of topiramate for addictions?

Patent Trade Office, search: 'topiramate', inventors: 'Dewey, Stephen', 'Brody, Jonathon' and Ashby, Charles. Application no. 776117. Patent no. 6906099.
Patent issued on June 14, 2005.

Edwardhoward
Posted: September 28, 2015, 2:52 AM

Topamax (the brand name) and topiramate (its generic counterpart) produce certain key nervous system effects. Because of this, these drugs are currently being studied to better understand how they affect alcoholism and drug addiction processes. Like most other medications, Topamax and topiramate have benefits and drawbacks that can vary depending on a person’s current health status. If you suffer from an addiction problem, you may want to look into ongoing developments involving Topamax and topiramate drug studies.
  top of page  Top