post replypost new topic
Drug Addiction - Long Term Rehab

Posted: February 10, 2019, 11:03 PM
Hey! My name is Jessica., I’m 32 and live on Long Island. I’ve been struggling with drug addiction for 16 years. I went to my first rehab in October 2017 (LICR - on Long Island NY). I got out and overdosed. A week later, I went to Seabrook House in N.J. I was using on and off for 9 months. This past November, I came back to Seabrook House. I did the 28 program, and on December 5th I moved to the long term program at this facility. The long term is a minimum of 90 days, I just started my last and final month. Unfortunately my insurance doesn’t cover any of it - ugh!!! Seabrook was generous and I received a scholarship from them for a month. It is 9k a month!!! I want to extend a 4th month and hoping to extend a 5th month. My mom and dad started a go fund me page, as we are financially stuck! I desperately want to save my life and don’t want to be a statistic. This is life or death to me. I want to learn to love myself, work through my trauma and learn more tools to stay clean. The go fund me page link is below. My parents are running the go fund me page and are in charge of money and paying the rehab. The go fund me page shows receipts of payments to Seabrook. I’m desperate and grasping at straws. Trying to get the link out to everyone - strength in numbers. In these past months in long term program, I worked a lot on myself, but have plenty of work to still do. At this long term program, it’s broken down into phases. I’m on phase 2 which allows me to have electronics and go out on day passes. You phase up by doing work and the clinical team votes based off your progress. Today I have 100 days clean, blessed. Trying to get this page out to everyone. Please assist and pray for me as I’m trying to save my life. My goal would be to raise 18k so I can have an additional 2 months here. Please share if you could / or donate.

This post has been edited by moderator on February 11, 2019, 9:41 AM

Posted: February 11, 2019, 8:31 AM
Are you serious? Get a sponsor, work the steps, It's free.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: April 23, 2019, 10:05 PM
12 stepper, you are, OF COURSE, not lying but the reality is that people need what they need to get to the point that they CAN work the steps and get a sponsor. I try not tell people, "just go to AA or NA instead of long term treatment. I found I was not able to stay sober until I had a jump start and got some sanity before going home and going to AA. I have been to in-patient rehabs 22 times. The first 3 or so were just vacations as I had insurance to cover it and then they couldn't fire me for being off for 28 days. But at that time I wasn't really interested in getting sober, I was interested in getting off of Heroin. it took every bag I bought, every line, every drink I took to get to where I was able to see this for what it truly is, a life and death struggle that I never graduate from. My last time in rehab was 45 days and was 300 miles from the nearest dope spot I knew about. When I got out I stayed in the homeless shelter there, got involved with recovery, got a job and just stayed away long enough to the point that I didn't feel tempted to cheat anymore. Booze was always a short walk away but as real addict I wasn't willing to waste a perfectly good relapse on a crappy drunk. It takes what it takes, and for me, it took what it took. I don't look back and wish I never went to all those rehabs that I relapsed shortly after leaving. I'm hard headed and it took me feeling very disappointed in myself, having a strong recovery community near me the distance away from the stuff to get to where I am today.

God Bless,

Wayne

This post has been edited by jaded13640 on April 23, 2019, 10:08 PM

Posted: April 24, 2019, 8:06 AM
So are you willing to give an addict on the internet money to stay in rehab? That's ridiculous. My point is if you REALLY want to get sober you can do it without spending thousands of dollars. AA is free. Sponsors are free. All you have to do is do the work and not pick up.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

post replypost new topic