post replypost new topic
Been A While - 12 Years Clean

Posted: December 31, 2018, 11:02 PM
It’s been a while since I have been on this site, but I remember the early days of recovery and how difficult is was to cope with the simplest of things. Time, exercise, solid diet and this site helped me get through the roughest moments. I am forever grateful.

This year was 12 years without any pills. Happy New Years to all who are struggling and working on their recovery. Hang in there, fight like hell and take each day one at a time.

--------------------

Posted: January 9, 2019, 5:15 PM
Hi Bikeman,

Good to see you & congratulations on 12 years of recovery! I also celebrated 12years last July and this place was the catalyst to my recovery. I thank God for stumbling on this site and all the wonderful people who talked recovery with me, called me on my BS and showed me how I could live life on life's terms.

Freedom from the bondage of addiction is such a gift that I cherish.

Take care,
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 10:12 AM
Hi Stacey,

Great to hear from you. Where is all the old gang? It's been and while and I have been on the move quite a bit in the past 6-7 years. Recovery has been great and I am so far down the road from where I was that its hard to imagine I was ever addicted to pain killers. That doesn't mean that the bad shadow isn't always there, but it's not as close to me as it once was. Life goes on, it has to or you begin the cycle of absurdity all over again.

take care, congrats on your recovery,

--------------------

Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:23 AM
Good for you Bikeman, glad to hear you are doing well.

--------------------
Redd

Posted: August 20, 2019, 7:16 PM
12 years is fantastic! Congrats Bikeman👍👍

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: February 17, 2020, 9:37 PM
congrats to all the old gang Im sadly still on them ,and before you all yell.Yes I take has proscribed ,I don't how I did it.But I do they don't get me high likr they used to and scared of death more thn wanting to get high by taking more,so here you all have it ,my dear sweet old friends. Sometimes I feel like all of you are ahead of me and im in the back woods alone ,but I never take more than I should so who ever said it will kill.yes It could for most ,But with me it didn't .why I don't no.love to you all cowgirl I dearly love you biker your awesome Rachel howes your son?

Posted: August 17, 2020, 10:25 AM
Thank You for the post. I would say you also have to change your environment and not hang around with the same people that were doing the things you shouldn't be doing. Also, if I am around people who start talking about drugs I will just walk away and not participate in the conversation
post replypost new topic