post replypost new topic
I Want This Cycle To Stop

Posted: November 29, 2018, 6:42 PM
I have had a tramic experience in my life 9 years ago that i have never got over. I started taking pain pills to help cover up my pain and hurt i was feeling. Throughout these 9 years i increased the amount i was using. Then about 2 years ago i had an incident where i almost died and started to ween myself off. I have done better but still im adicted to pain pills...not doing as much as before but not able to ween down anymore....not to mention i have destroyed my marriage and my wife has recently left me. I need some help.. I work and cant miss any work but i still want to start a plan to continue to ween off and eventually be clean. If anybody has any ideas or ways to quickly get off using pain pills or any advice id be greatful. Thanks for reading.

Posted: December 4, 2018, 2:58 PM
OIMH, the first step (I think) is counseling for the trauma. DBT therapy has been around and can be a great step in helping because it helps with triggers that will happen (triggers are a when, not an if) if your wife left recently, perhaps there is a chance for couples therapy to help the relationship in a productive way.

I like pills and alcohol. The combo is numbing and I quit caring about everything and I am not bothered. The problem is, everything is I quit caring about are the people around me, job, EVERYTHING. I found NAD IV treatment and it was helpful because it was a 10 day treatment. I drank the night before, and they still treated me. I could not keep taking time off work. I didn't have time off anymore because I used it all when I was losing control, but I was able to talk to my boss, give her a plan and she worked with me. I had to agree to a 90 day probation again as if i was a new hire, but I kept my job.

Now, I don't want the stuff anymore. I am slowly rebuilding the relationships that I almost totally wrecked, but I am sober. This sounding board is helpful, at least I am not alone, but try that treatment and therapy. Good luck with your wife, if you still want her back. Keep posting when s**t gets real. It seriously helps to see that other people are out there dealing with stuff too, and like I said, then at least you aren't alone. Good luck the struggle sucks sometimes

--------------------
You don’t get over an addiction by stopping using. You recover by creating a new life where it’s easier to not use. If you don’t create a new life, then all the factors that brought you to your addiction will catch up with you again
post replypost new topic