post replypost new topic
32 Years Of Tylenol 1 Addiction.

Posted: June 24, 2018, 12:56 AM
My introduction to the world of pain meds began in 1983 when i was given Percocet after having my wisdom teeth out. The magical feeling of euphoria felt amazing. It would be another 3 years before my life would change and began a 32 year rollercoaster of destruction. Tylenol 1 was my poison. A friend convinced me that codeine could be bought without a prescription. I would become hooked and not realing I was addicted. I knew I had a problem when I stopped taking them cold turkey. Within 18 hours of my last taking the pills, I felt horrible, headache, vomiting, diarrhea. My life would crash and burn from there. Now I want to quit. Ive tried NA and while it can be helpful for some, it wasnt for me. I had a hard time believing the core values of NA or institutions, jail or death.
That I would fail if I didnt keep going to meetings.

Posted: June 25, 2018, 1:26 PM
Ya im going thru 3 days w/d its not bad because I take indium and anxiety pill.go look under stopped taking for 12 days I wrote a whole story ok.might help.

Posted: July 15, 2018, 7:45 AM
AA and NA have a lot to offer but sometimes they state conclusions that are not necessarily applicable to everyone.

It's good to go to some meetings and take what is good and leave the rest. But if u have been addicted for 32 years it is a good idea to get some support, like a drug counselor.

Check to see of there is an OA (OVERCOMERS ANONYMOUS) in ur area. they are not as didactic as NA/AA.

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you
post replypost new topic