post replypost new topic
This Is Really Bad.

Posted: December 2, 2017, 9:10 AM
Getting to the point fast becuz I have to go to work. I have a terrible terrible addiction to pain pills. I cannot go hours without feeling the withdrawals. I have been addicted for over 10 years. In fact, I can remember the first time I felt a withdrawal. Man, I wish I would have realized how ugly this could get. The amount that I take is actually to embarrassing to post, it's very very bad. . But what I am looking for is someone one on one to talk to on a daily, hourly, or whatever basis I need. Someone that I can reach out to as needed. I would love to chat with someone with similar lifestyles. Im your typical "girl next door, all American, hot, soccer mom. I have 2 kids and I just know they deserve better. Honestly, no one would expect this. I'm not a vain person, so putting that I'm Hot is actually uncomfortable for me. But I'm just painting a picture of how this can and will hit all kinds of types. I'm almost 40 and have so many chances at this point to make this right.

What I need?? Support. Someone I can open up to in an email and just be honest, and let it all out. I realize this forum is a great tool and I do plan on using this. But I need one on one. Someone that won't make me feel stupid. My addiction is SO SO bad. I need to do this, but I also know that this will be the hardest thing ever.

Is there anyone on here that might relate to me that would be willing to post their email address so I can reach out to you in a personal email? I just want someone that I can be open and honest with. I need to start at level to see if I can help myself with the help of someone else. If not, then I will reach out further. But I have to try and give it my best.

Thank you so much for reading this!!!

Shamefully,
SuperMom aka SuperAddict

Posted: December 2, 2017, 2:35 PM
Search the tabs and links at the top of this website: Find Treatment, Programs and Resources, Beyond Recovery, call your local HelpLine. they will point you in the right direction for Out Patient counselling. I found a recovery center in my community that has many programs to help addiction and stay in recovery.

2nd point - slow taper works best. do everything you can to slowly taper. a good slow taper can take 6 months - it depends on your determination. you are going to face some withdrawals. it is not advisable to go cold turkey unless you are in a treatment center.

Posted: December 3, 2017, 7:36 AM
Get yourself into a detox if you can't go cold turkey If you have insurance there are thousands of detox centers out there. Then go to treatment or get to a meeting, get a sponsor and work the steps. Addiction doesn't go away by magic. It takes a lot of work to get rid of those craving but that comes later. First you have to get clean.
I don't agree with the slow taper advice. Every time you lower your dose you will go thru withdrawals. In my experience, if you can't go to detox, get rid of your pills and go cold turkey. Go to a doctor, get some clonadine and muscle relaxers. Buy yourself dome imodium and gatorade. Stay hydrated. Eat bananas. It will be over in a few days. Then the real work begins. Good luck to you Come back here and post. We can talk you thru it. I know it's scary, I've done it, but you can do it.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: December 4, 2017, 1:00 AM
Hi, I feel that inpatient treatment will be better option. I am a codeine addict. I am clean for about 5 months. Life gets better, take it one tiny step

***Please do not post personal contact information ***

This post has been edited by moderator on December 4, 2017, 10:32 AM

Posted: December 5, 2017, 2:53 PM
We are actually very similar!! I too am just a regular, normal mom of two. Its been almost 11 years since i regretfully started pain pills. I too go wayyy overboard with them. I was able to get off them with both my pregnancies thankfully, but always ended up going back. Its been an embarrassment to me and has ruined my life! But, just like you said.. since im a normal girl most people would never even think that about me.

Posted: December 20, 2017, 5:53 PM
Yes its so strange ..I took them for super women awesome wife dinners super clean house ,,etc..and guess what I was off them for about 7 months and I still did them all.just not with speedy feeling but natural feeling ,,and yes your happy faze will come back and you wont even miss the,,but sadly I'm 67 and I need them so I take about 6 a day and they just take the pain away..little happy feeling but mine is just me..ok thanks for letting me share,,poopie.I got kicked off the board for my niece getting on my account and saying bad things so I sign in has sally,not poopie.

Posted: December 20, 2017, 5:54 PM
*** please do not post personal contact information. thank you, the moderators ***

This post has been edited by moderator on December 21, 2017, 9:45 AM

Posted: March 10, 2018, 2:57 PM
Hi needhelpfast,

I just signed on to this board today hoping to find someone similar to myself.
The first post I read (yours), is like I'm reading about myself.

I am a few years away from 40, and have an incredibly attractive husband and child, home, and great job as a nurse. No one but my family and a few friends know the pain that I go through each day. Unless you've been through it, you just. don't. get. it.
I would like to chat with you more, feel free to PM any time!

~wisconurse

This post has been edited by wisconurse on March 10, 2018, 2:58 PM

Posted: March 11, 2018, 7:23 PM
Yes I am a nurse to CNA I got surgery done about 10 years ago and the rn who gave me my meds gave me a shot of water no pain relief for 4 hours' until the other rn gave it to me I complained and said she didn't give me pain meds water ..replacement, I had a full Hysterectomy done ..was in so much pain ,,and she did this to me,,1 year later she got caught. And I FELT FOR HER BECASUE I WAS A addict to.60mg a day of Norco. But rn lpn really get hooked and back than was easier to steal them from pt,,I hope you never did this ,but if so no judgment here only a helping hand..poopie

Posted: March 11, 2018, 7:24 PM
Your from alma Wisconsin..

Posted: March 12, 2018, 7:11 AM
I hope u find a girl who has experienced what u r experiencing to communicate with. I know that no one understands us like another addict. Straight people just don't get it. Have u ever considered suboxone, at least for a while. That will solve ur immediate problem. It will get u out of withdrawals and stop ur craving. It even gives u a little buzz for a few weeks which wares off.

I have struggled with drug use for over 30 years, been in and out of rehab., been on methadone and suboxone. With Methadone my foot was halfway in the door. With suboxone u just feel 'normal' which is weird.

I am just suggesting sub so u can give urself a break. As long as u don't switch to other drugs (like coke) and get help, it can be a good medicine. Besides reducing cravings and getting u out of wds it blocks the effects of other opiates.

Another thing to consider is a hospitol detox. There is nothing good about wds. You really have options. Things are not hopeless.

I wish u the best and will say a prayer for you.

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you

Posted: March 17, 2018, 3:51 PM
There must be an APP that can act like a passive sponsor....

(edited)

This addiction recovery website has links to recovery apps:

Recovery Apps

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on March 22, 2018, 10:10 PM
post replypost new topic