post replypost new topic
Advice On Preparing A Codeine Taper.

Posted: August 30, 2017, 2:50 PM
Hello, I'm hoping to get some advice about sorting out a taper plan for coming off pain meds.

I've been addicted to dihydrocodeine for around two years.
At the moment I take 720mg daily (x3 240mg doses).

I am utterly sick of it.

Around one week ago, I decided to try cold turkey. I lasted one day and one night, but on the morning of the 2nd day, the withdrawal was so severe that I had to re-dose.

What I would like to know is, how does one work out a suitable taper plan? Is there a specific ratio/formula that can be applied? What sort of time scale should I be looking at? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Dihydrocodeine has taken over my life.

Posted: September 12, 2017, 11:17 AM
Awesome. Glad I posted.

Posted: September 12, 2017, 7:54 PM

read thru other posts in other message boards. there's a lot of advice, but unfortunately not all in one segment.

if you can taper, the slowest is better. everyone is different. the variables are the types of meds, one or more meds, the dose you are taking, how long taking, etc.

this whole segment may not apply to you, take what you need, ignore what does not apply.
http://www.homeopathycenter.org/web...sris-and-benzos

boost up with exercise, vitamins, supplements as you are tapering. drink water and tea, not coffee. you need something to take the place of your habit, and fill in the nutrients you did or will loose while going thru the process. and fill in for the ups and downs while your body is adjusting.

look into alternatives when you need meds for something, naturopathic dr, massage, acupuncture, yoga - takes your mind off things for a while - gives you time to think about new stuff

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on September 12, 2017, 7:56 PM

Posted: September 12, 2017, 8:00 PM
A post copied from the suboxone board:

"
I have never taken suboxone and it would not be fair to you for me to try to give you advice..
I do know that people that sticks with their tapering to the end have it a lot easier than the ones that jump..
I am an all or nothing person and was never able to taper, and I really paid a price for my jump..

I do know of a FORMER sub user that used the listerine strips as a replacement as he tapered..A mental game he played with his self..Hes been off for years and is doing great..

"

post replypost new topic