Recovery
Posted: August 6, 2017, 2:29 AM

I have been abusing pain medication for about 6 months now. It started out on the weekends, then spilled over into the week and now it's everyday. I'm still relatively sensitive and haven't TOO much of a tolerance. The most I've ever taken in one day is about 95mg of oxycodone. However, I recognize that this is a problem and that I will need to get off of them.

That being said I'd like to know whether it's best to taper off of them or to stop cold turkey. Also what does the time line look for recovery on average? So for example when will the physical withdraws subside, and when will my chemicals start to re-balance? Is there going to be any permanent damage?.... etc.

Looking for support! Thank you!
Posted: August 8, 2017, 10:12 PM

I'm on my 6th day clean. I was on perks for 3 years straight. Got clean on Oct 1,2016 until April 22, 2017. I lost my best friend 8 days after and went down hill after that. My fiancé got indicted Sept 1, 2016 so there has been a lot of stress with that also. ugh talk about crazy, I went down hill for a good 3 months. I used pieces of subs for the first 3 days but stopped as my body started to want the sub. 3 days clean off the sub just got little baby muscle aches. But I know I'm going to be okay. I wished I never popped again a big waste thinking of feelings that I didn't want to feel and scared of change of growth of being a good friend with the Lord our savior. That's was the only reason I have the strength I do because I know that God will never give up on me or you if you haven accepting him as your personal savior and he will walk you thur.
  top of page  Top