post replypost new topic
My First Day Clean

Posted: May 4, 2017, 10:52 AM
Today is the first day in two months I haven't taken my medication. I am prescribed 50mg Tramadol. I feel like a fool even saying that out loud. I have been prescribed them for the past ten months for server arthritis. Over the past two months I started taking more than prescribed and everyday, I didn't do that for the first eight months, I was taking them properly and not everyday. I noticed they were because a problem for me about a month ago and I knew I couldn't go down that path. I am now in the first stage on detox. My question is, with about a 300-500mg a day habit for the past eight-12 weeks, what type of withdrawal am I looking at and for how long?

This post has been edited by Feeling_Scared_and _Stupid on May 4, 2017, 10:53 AM

Posted: May 4, 2017, 11:57 AM
Ive detoxed from Tramadol in the past and I found the symptoms to be pretty much like any other opoid. sweating, nausea , RLS, anxiety, insomnia, etc....lasted around 4 to 5 days, I found prescription Clonadine ( not sure of the spelling ) helpful for the sleep and anxiety, and Immodium for the stomach issues. Get up and move around as soon as you can, keep your mind occupied. Helps greatly if you have someone to talk to...
Im sure that you're going to get alot of good tips from the folks on this board.
All the best to you in your journey forward, Got Ya in Prayer !!

Posted: May 4, 2017, 12:13 PM
Thank you very much. Today is day one and I have until Monday when I have to go back to work. I will do my best to take the advise you have offered. Have a wonderful day.

Posted: May 4, 2017, 4:18 PM
Please keep us posted on your progress......no need to go through it alone..
God Bless !

Posted: May 4, 2017, 5:47 PM
Put a bar of Irish spring soap under your pad matterss..It stopped my rest leg ..really and eat bananas.imuduim..for poops..and maybe a kolipins for anxiety (short tremn use).misspelled words sorry.
post replypost new topic