post replypost new topic
Medically Facilitated Detox
yaya

Posted: February 21, 2015, 9:12 AM
Hi everyone =) I'm taking myself to a 5-7 day detox center where they say detox is "medically facilitated". Does that mean that they'll just be monitoring my blood pressure, etc or does that mean that they will me giving me non addictive meds to help soothe my body through the process (like to help me sleep or to stop the kicking, etc). I'm sure every center is different and this is a low end place but I'm putting some value in the relative comfort they can provide during this difficult time. Anyone been through this? I'm going to a place called Operation PAR in St Pete, FL. Any thoughts will be welcome. Thank you for your time <3

Posted: February 21, 2015, 4:08 PM
They'll do both. Good luck

--------------------
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Posted: February 21, 2015, 4:20 PM
Hey Flip! I too, looked into something like this but found them to be so pricy it was out of my reach! Did you have to pay an arm and a leg? I've read they do both, to help you get through the toughest of WD symptoms. Definitely keep us posted. I've tried CT many times with no avail. Maybe something like this would help someone like me, and hopefully you! Good luck!

Posted: February 21, 2015, 4:33 PM
Hi Dreams. I did the detox a decade or so ago, and yes, it was an arm and a leg. I don't think it really matters tho as the detox drugs are typically the same and a bed is a bed. We could be at the Ty Warner penthouse in the 4 Seasons and still feel like poo so don't worry about the facility too much. It worked of course but then I relapsed a few months later and it was all for waste. I ended up cleaning up for good a couple years later. Rooting for you. You're far from alone.

This post has been edited by flipperbaby on February 21, 2015, 4:34 PM

--------------------
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Posted: February 21, 2015, 9:17 PM
It's hard not to feel alone, in this tizzy of addiction. I'm still feeling out options to get clean, as my life continues to spiral in the worse downward way possible. I need help. I need support. I need freedom. But all I want is another pill to make me think I have all of that currently. Good luck yaya. I'm rooting for you too. And flip, I have been following some of your posts. They give me some hope. And for that I thank you.

Posted: February 21, 2015, 9:36 PM
I have never done a detox, but I wish you luck and just believe in yourself that you can do it. you deserve a happy, sober life

Posted: February 22, 2015, 2:49 AM
The most common drugs used are a Methadone taper. Clonidine. Tylenol. Multivitamin.. I feel as though I am missing something.. But I am on day 4 and two weeks of little to no sleep.. Please forgive me. They will vitals check as well as meetings ATC. I wish you well.. I would do anything to have this option!! (Worked in a in patient detox 5 years ago as a nurse).
post replypost new topic