post replypost new topic
Checking In

Posted: November 5, 2012, 9:34 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. Things are good with me, sober for the longest stretch ever.
For those old old timers that know me today is Jacks birthday and I usually go to My Journal thread and read through it and post on this day. I don't want to do that today.
Anyways, I hope everyone is well and I think of everyone from time to time. Cowgirl, I really hope life is treating you kind, you are a special lady.
And Carol, if you are out there somewhere, I think of you and smile.

Take care everyone,
Redd

--------------------
Redd

Posted: November 6, 2012, 10:17 AM
Wow longtime Amy.

Take care of yourself--

Jeffrey

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: November 6, 2012, 12:01 PM
Good to see you, Amy and I'm really happy to hear your still sober. Carol isn't usually on anymore but I see her everyday on FB so I'll give her a nudge you did a check-in.

I hope life is treating you well today. That somewhere along your journey you found some peace & happiness.

Take care,
Stacey

Happy Birthday, Jack. R.I.P.

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: November 6, 2012, 12:50 PM
Dear sweet Amy..

Good to see you pop in, happy that you're sober.

RIP little Jack.

Big hugs.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: November 16, 2012, 8:31 AM
Hi Amy, nice to see you and hear you're doing well. Every now and then I pop in and read a thread or two
Glad I spotted yours. Warm memories of Warrior Jack today. xxoo

--------------------
Love,
Kat

God determines who walks into your life; it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Posted: November 16, 2012, 9:36 AM
:)

Posted: November 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
Amy, so glad you checked in. Newbies need to see that there ARE success stories like you in recovery!

--------------------
It's my party and I'll stay clean if I want to.

Posted: November 25, 2012, 6:42 AM
You are still "it" kid.

Posted: November 25, 2012, 9:43 AM
Thank you, I really did need to hear this, as a newbie it does warm me and give me hope. Congratulations and best of all things

Posted: November 6, 2021, 12:12 AM
Happy 12 minutes after your bday J ❤️

This post has been edited by Redd on November 6, 2021, 12:48 AM

--------------------
Redd

Posted: January 17, 2022, 8:20 PM
Amy/Redd i remember you and beautiful Warrior Jack. You still amaze many of us.

Still doing good after 10 yrs

may God & peace be with you

Posted: January 25, 2022, 9:08 AM
wow i love y'all. that string of posts is just great to hear err read.

Posted: May 9, 2022, 8:35 AM
Congrats, every day without having to take a pain pill just to get going is a good day.

Posted: May 10, 2022, 2:37 PM
I'm new here and I can totally relate...I can't wait for that day when I don't need a pain pill just to get going (or a fistful). Nobody on the planet knows I'm going through this. Nobody on the planet knows how many I was taking a day, 99.9% of the people I know don't even know I take anything. I was/am facing a HUGE mountain to climb. I made a spreadsheet of how many pills I was taking each day (and there were 4 "doses" - I use quotes because there's not a "dose" anywhere prescribed by anyone to justify my "doses") and mapped out my plan. I decided to step down from the late end of the day, knowing I would need the earlier doses just to get what I needed to get done in a day. So I took 2 off of the 4th dose and did that for 4 days. On the 5th day, I stepped down 2 from the 3rd dose & kept the lower 4th dose, and did that for 4 days. On the 10th day, I started the stepdown from the 2nd dose of the day, and so on. So today I'm on the 3rd day of stepping down from all 4 doses. So in 2 days I'll start from the back end again and step down another 2 starting from the 4th dose, to the 3rd, etc. Some days I feel like I've come a long way and should pat myself on the back and on others I see the road ahead stretched out seemingly endless. I'm admittedly relying on .5 mg xanax or Delta 8 gummies to help with the withdrawals, which suck. But it could be a lot worse. Anyway, I've journaled my journey so far, well at this point it feels more like a jaunt than a journey, and the constant "Are we there yet?" in my head can get hard.And that's been great to get things off my chest but no matter how long I stare at the screen, no words of wisdom or encouragement seem to pop up so I thought it might be a good time to reach out and find my tribe.

Posted: April 24, 2023, 1:37 PM
Wow congratulations on your sober stretch! :))

Hope things are still going well for you, Redd (and others!)
There's a bug community here but people don't seem to post as much anymore, I wonder why

Please let us know how you're doing, and let's keep supporting one another! :))

-Helper64

This post has been edited by Helper64 on April 24, 2023, 1:40 PM
post replypost new topic