Adderall Addiction
Memtigers1996
Posted: March 2, 2018, 8:10 PM

I started off taking it for ADHD but am now addicted to it. I take approximately 300mg a day. I have tried to stop or decrease the dosage but I can’t and I’ll go through any means to get it. No one knows about this addiction I have. I have covered it up very well. I have a very good job and would lose it if this came out. Despite several consequences that have occurred, I continue to take it. Can anyone help??
Posted: July 25, 2018, 1:39 PM

I have a family member addicted to Adderall. I'm very concerned for him. Your story sounds similar. Have you found help?
Posted: September 16, 2018, 8:32 AM

I know how you feel. Once you begin taking adderall in large doses it pretty much takes over your life. So, from someone going through the same thing, I hope you are doing well and making progress towards recovery.
Della
Posted: February 4, 2019, 4:53 AM

Hi- I am currently suffering from the same problem with the exact same mg dosing. I feel absolutely alone and ashamed and even too scared to call a hotline for help. I hope you’ve found help, and it makes me feel not so alone to read this. I am here with you.
Posted: March 28, 2019, 3:27 PM

I've known people who use it for speed and it changes their personality along with an obvious high. I also posted because a study recently came out the prolonged use can cause psychosis.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-ad...is-study-finds/

I would try to step down the dosages incrementally. Many amphetamines have negative side effects especially after prolonged use. I've seen people under 50 wind up the cardiovascular problems of an over weight 80 year old including a stroke-and they worked out regularly.

This post has been edited by samegame on April 1, 2019, 12:29 PM

top of page  Top