post replypost new topic
Adderall Addiction
Memtigers1996

Posted: March 2, 2018, 8:10 PM
I started off taking it for ADHD but am now addicted to it. I take approximately 300mg a day. I have tried to stop or decrease the dosage but I can’t and I’ll go through any means to get it. No one knows about this addiction I have. I have covered it up very well. I have a very good job and would lose it if this came out. Despite several consequences that have occurred, I continue to take it. Can anyone help??

Posted: July 25, 2018, 1:39 PM
I have a family member addicted to Adderall. I'm very concerned for him. Your story sounds similar. Have you found help?

Posted: September 16, 2018, 8:32 AM
I know how you feel. Once you begin taking adderall in large doses it pretty much takes over your life. So, from someone going through the same thing, I hope you are doing well and making progress towards recovery.
Della

Posted: February 4, 2019, 4:53 AM
Hi- I am currently suffering from the same problem with the exact same mg dosing. I feel absolutely alone and ashamed and even too scared to call a hotline for help. I hope you’ve found help, and it makes me feel not so alone to read this. I am here with you.

Posted: March 28, 2019, 3:27 PM

I've known people who use it for speed and it changes their personality along with an obvious high. I also posted because a study recently came out the prolonged use can cause psychosis.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-ad...is-study-finds/

I would try to step down the dosages incrementally. Many amphetamines have negative side effects especially after prolonged use. I've seen people under 50 wind up the cardiovascular problems of an over weight 80 year old including a stroke-and they worked out regularly.

This post has been edited by samegame on April 1, 2019, 12:29 PM

Mihaela

Posted: September 9, 2019, 3:15 AM
Sending you courage. I'm in the same predicament. And it feels so lonely. But we are not alone. It sucks that other people are experiencing this specific addiction. It feels so personal. And a secret I keep on keeping. I've attempted quitting many times. I do believe I will someday go a year and than many years without adderall.

Please know that this addiction and your struggle leaving it behind doesn't 'say' anything about you. And once you start seeing it as a separate entity or puzzle that you are trying to untangle and let go...then you will hopefully see that there is very real hope for you to shed this layer of your self and life.

I can only speak from experience...I strongly encourage seeing a therapist. I started seeing a therapist around the time my adderall addiction kicked off. She was the first person I spoke openly with about being addicted. I dreaded the day I went in and knew I was going to tell her. She didn't look at me like a lost cause. She saw me as someone dealing with a real and scary sickness and lost as to how they got to this place.

I do believe talking more about it...it's the first step of taking some of your power back.

In the past I've tried to both taper and cold turkey. Tapering is really difficult. BUT there are medical centers/programs where tapering can be structured by a professional. Cold turkey is also rough. But it is survivable. The times I went cold turkey are also the times I cared for myself the most. I took care of myself through it. I think that it's important to remember everyones experience is different. I was petrified to go cold turkey after reading so many horror stories. I don't want to invalidate their experience. I just want to say that the dread of a potential future experience was far worse than the detox.

I wish you the very best.
prayforpeace

Posted: October 22, 2019, 9:52 AM
Hi,

I am not addicted to Adderall, but have had problems being addicted to Benadryl. I know that it may sound crazy but I have taken upwards of 30 25mg pills before to get a high. I am embarrassed, because of it. I have tried to quit several times, but end of going for a few days and do it again. I am constantly worried I am going to do some damage to my kidneys. It all started because I was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder and almost died. The blood disorder can come back, so I am constantly fearful of it. I have prayed to God in many ways to cope with living with this addiction. It is not fun to live with. I take the Benadryl in order to get away from worrying about the blood disorder coming back. Counseling has helped some, but the anti-anxiety medication I take, does not work very well. It does not calm me down like it should, so each day is a battle. I do not turn to food for comfort or want to tell my parents what I have done. They would be sad again. I am just at a loss for what to do. I pray that God forgives me and I can not rely on Benadryl anymore.
post replypost new topic