post replypost new topic
Benzos, Sleep Meds - What They Really Do

Posted: February 19, 2018, 9:09 PM

(full chart is in one of the links below)
Temazepam - stays in blood/brain system for 8 to 22 hours.
Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) 18 to 50 hours

when you wake up you are still asleep.

mixing and using these meds are not for people who are going to work and functioning. these are meds for people sitting around at home who have disabilities and do not need to think. If you are a functioning adult, these meds will stop all thinking abilities

LINK to articles: from a website on line.

XANAX, ATIVAN, KLONOPIN, VALIUM

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

http://www.breggin.com/benzodiazepine.pdf

-----------------------------------------------
M.N.O. Dukes (1980) contends that all of the benzodiazepines, including those used to induce sleep (hypnotics), have been known to produce reactions that are "frankly psychotic." While not common, according to Dukes, "virtually every known drug in this class" can produce "hallucinations, delusions, paranoia, amnesia, delirium, hypomania-almost every conceivable symptoms of psychotic madness ... " (p. VII). According to Dukes, all the benzodiazepines used for the control of anxiety are specifically implicated in causing violence:

benzodiazepines are prescribed, often without providing the patient a warning about possible disinhibition. Expecting to be helped and not harmed by the drug, the patient is less able to understand or manage potentially overwhelming feelings of anger or violence, or other emotional responses. At the time, the patient may have little idea what is driving the unfamiliar behavior, and in retrospect it may seem like a fragmented, poorly recalled nightmare.

The binding of benzodiazepines to the GABA receptors is most concentrated in the cerebral cortex. Some high-potency benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam and triazolam, bind especially tightly to the receptor sites. This may increase their tendency to produce more intense sedation and hypnosis, and also more severe cognitive deficits, behavioral abnormalities, rebound, and withdrawal

The brain-disabling or toxic effects of the benzodiazepines in general can be divided into several categories: (1) the primary clinical effect of inducing sedation (tranquility) or hypnosis (sleep), which is indistinguishable from a toxic effect.
(2) cognitive dysfunction, ranging from short-term memory impairment and confusion to delirium;
(3) disinhibition (dyscontrol) or loss of impulse control, with violence toward self or others, as well as agitation, psychosis, paranoia, and depression;
(4) withdrawal emergent symptoms, in which the individual experiences a range of symptoms from anxiety and insomnia after routine use to psychosis and seizures after the abrupt termination of long-term, larger doses;
(5) rebound symptoms, an aspect of withdrawal, in which the individual re-experiences pre-drug symptoms - anxiety, insomnia, or other serious emotional reactions - but more intensively than before drug treatment began. Withdrawal and rebound can take place between doses, causing anxiety and other symptoms during the routine administration of benzodiazepines, especially the short-acting ones;
(6) dependency and abuse or addiction that range along a continuum from feeling dependent on the drug to self-destructive behavior associated with drug abuse

these meds are only meant to be taken short term, 2-4 weeks.

Posted: February 20, 2018, 2:39 AM
'Mixing and using these meds are not for people who are going to work and functioning'

I'm a bit confused if that implies either or the combination. I have never takes medication for sleep, so i know nothing about temazepam. Despite slight insomnia I have been too scared. Sounds crazy with all the drugs I have done, but not chancing it. I have been on klonopins for..damn 6/7 years? No doubt that it has changed my brain chemistry.
I would think that someone that has tolerance/dependence to combo would not be extreme. Case by case I'm sure. When someone has a cold what do many grab? Nyquil. They may feel fine next day or groggy as hell and unable to think right. (that's how I always have been and hate it, why I used as example). Well I have not read articles yet, I will later. Thanks for sharing. Also oddly I just went down on my klonopins three days ago. First taper in over a year. (anyone reading this that's trying to do same I always went down .25mg. Going down an 1/8th is DRASTIC difference!)
Again thanks for links! :)
post replypost new topic