post replypost new topic
Out Of Rehab For Pills: Adjusting Very Hard

Posted: January 9, 2017, 6:31 PM
Hi there... i wanted to join this community and find out what others' experiences are just coming out of a 30 day treatment program. I am worried there is something wrong with me. I detoxed from years of amphetamines (Adderal, Vyvanse) and lots of benzos (Klonpin) and Anmbien. I had been drinking wine every day at the end too. My detox was horrific and lasted 15 days total. My nervous system was super jacked up... lots of tremors, hallucinations, convulsions, psychosis. I finished treatment.. it was a great place and very helpful. I have been home for 3 days and I am now having a very hard time. I am super depressed, panic attacks, can't concentrate, feel "out of my body"... tired, not sleeping well, extremely frustrated and irritable. I can barely leave the house. I don't understand what is going on!! This HAS to get better. I have 4 dogs to care for, a husband, a home, a business. What on earth can I do?? Any suggestions from people who have been through themselves, or family members' thoughts would be so appreciated!

Posted: January 9, 2017, 9:46 PM
I have not gone thru rehab but according to all of the posting on this site, your symptoms can take months. you also need to get some supplements. there is not a concise list anywhere, see if you can read the posts and take notes, and then get some things from the health food store. bring your supplement list and a list of your symptoms. ask for help. some have said 5htp is good because of the amino acids. Vitamin B complex, vit C, multi vitamins - I like the gummy ones.

hot bath with epsom salt to replenish some minerals and help w aches and pains.

maybe see a naturopath - could help with supplements - and homeopath can help w paws.

acupuncture, massage... get as much rest as you can. pace yourself. I know you dont want to, and you want to be back to normal asap, but your brain and body can not reverse the damage in one month.

invest this time to be healthier and you will be.

lots of water. no alcohol, limit caffine and sugar and dairy.

Do Not Give UP. it will take months to feel better. at least 3 months to get your head clear and be on ground zero. after that, improvements each month. it will be slow but steady. after a year you will be able to see how much better you are doing.

this is what I have read about, not first hand knowledge.

my daughter talked about the out of body feeling. I didnt know what it was at the time.

look up a thread called How Long Does It Take - look for Lolleedee's responses.

use the search fields at bottom of page

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on January 9, 2017, 9:55 PM
post replypost new topic