post replypost new topic
Benadryl Addiction

Posted: December 13, 2016, 10:25 PM
I am really struggling to stop taking benadryl. I'm taking about 30 a day. I have been feeling like my kidneys hurt after I take them and I can't believe I kept taking them. I've tried to quit many times to no prevail except last week I went about 5 days without and felt fine I don't know why i even took any again. It's insane. I just want to quit so bad so my last dose was tonight and tomorrow I will start one day at a time. Encouragement would be great

Posted: December 14, 2016, 11:29 AM
keep reading the postings from others who are trying to quit. find support in NA or AA meetings, and any local support you can find. other internet sites, reading books etc. find distractions. analyze your triggers and avoid them. dive into a hobby or passion or volunteering, etc. you may have a slip, move past it and continue being clean. days=weeks=months=good luck!

Posted: December 23, 2016, 2:56 PM
Thanks for your support I just wanted to say that I have not taken anymore benadryl since the last post. And I feel so much better. My head is clear

Posted: January 11, 2017, 7:17 PM
PLEASE stop your Benadryl as soon as you can !!! I was hooked taking about 10 a day and my heart beat went down to 30 beats per minute. Please go to the hospital where they can help you. I had to have an emergency pacemaker/diffibulator put in Now I cannot take Benadryl. It will mess with my heart...I am NOT trying to scare you and this may only be my case but please take this into consideration. Good luck to you. Please let me know what happens.

AngelTina

Posted: January 12, 2017, 8:13 PM
I am struggling so much with this and I don't understand why I can't just stop. I've read all about the long term effects of abusing benadryl but still can't seem to stop. I don't even like the way it makes me feel. It's rediculous and I feel pretty pathetic.

Posted: January 12, 2017, 8:42 PM
you have to change EVERYTHING you do and how you do it - change all of your habits. add exercise or hobby or reading or learn a new hobby, ANYTHING to change all of your habits and triggers.

go to a therapist. try massage, acupuncture, trigger points.

do not go into a store. ask someone to do shopping for you.
post replypost new topic