post replypost new topic
Tramadol Hell

Posted: May 17, 2016, 2:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I know this has been posted before, but I wanted to possibly get some personal feedback from people who have been through, or are going through this now. I have been abusing Tramadol on and off for 10 years. I had successfully hidden this from everyone in my life until 3/1/16 when I had a breakdown (in the throes of w/d) and told my husband everything. He was surprisingly supportive and urged me to tell my therapist, which I did through a lot of tears. With their help I started focusing on leading a Tramadol free life, eating better, and exercising. Slowly they both kind of stopped asking me about it, obviously not fully understanding how addiction works. 3 weeks ago I caved, telling myself I could buy some and take them recreationally. Well, here I am withdrawing from a 4-500mg/day habit again and trying to keep it quiet. I am currently 21 hours from my last dose and feeling shame, the chills, and extremely tired. I am just so devastated that I started this s*** again, and I'm terrified that my husband won't be so supportive this time. I almost want to ask him to drug test me weekly or something because I apparently can't trust myself:( Any encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

Posted: May 17, 2016, 4:28 PM
You sound like me. A true-blue garden variety addict/alcoholic.

The only thing that worked for me was to admit defeat (before I killed myself).

I have found AA/& NA to be the only treatment that works and it's FREE.

I have AA's HOW IT WORKS posted below in my sig line along with The Big Book of both AA and NA free on-line.
Read HOW IT WORKS and get into the AA/NA literature and see if you can identify.

There are millions of us - don't feel so hopeless and helpless.
When you get to the meetings you will meet a roomful of folks just like you.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: September 6, 2016, 12:19 AM
Dear friends, I took tramadol for more than 5 years and the dose was 4-5 tabs / day. I am going to tell you a wonderful regimen. first take some sertraline 50 mg for about 1 week to boost your serotonin levels. then add Baclofen 2 tabs to times daily, clonazepam 1 tab at night and loperamide 3-4 tabs two times daily. No withdrawal sysmptoms. try this.
post replypost new topic