Gabapentin And Otc Drugs
Posted: June 24, 2014, 9:27 AM

hi....I am an alchoholic who has been sober for 9 months now, but I have been abusing gabapentin and taking otc meds with it. I have panic disorder, depression, and ocd. I recently got a new psychiatrist, and of course I did not tell her about this....but she put me on wellbutrin 150 mg. She said it helps with smoking and other addictions.

I am praying that the wellbutrin will help me stop abusing the gaba, etc. , or at least take less of it. She says she would like to see me off of it altogether at some point. I feel this horrible guilt and shame over this that I cannot tell you. I am not totally sober because of this. I do go to AA and I love it...but it hasn't been able to help me with this.

I once had 18 years totally sober about 5 yrs ago I picked up due to severe anxiety and thought of killing myself. It's been like a roller coaster ever since. Anyone go through anything like this???
dd
gaba daba do
Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:18 PM

i was on gaba for about a year and in the last 6 months i started to abuse it by taking very high doses only hours apart.
i knew i had to quit so at present i am in my second week of withdrawal having decided to cold turkey.
it is horrible and it quite like going thru heroin WD. i have never been so sick in my life and i heard it can take the body about a year to heal and the depression is very bad not to mention the panic attacks. i was taking about 3600 mgs amd the doctor wanted me to wean off it but i thought that was just prolonging the inevitable. hey you don't take a drink to get sober or a shot of dope to help you get clean.
it is coming to light that this drug has a good potential for abuse and people should be told about it before they start it..particularly if they have an addiction problem. i am a recovering alcoholic as well.
  top of page  Top