post replypost new topic
Struggles In Early Recovery
Sean from South Philly

Posted: January 8, 2020, 4:22 PM
Hey my name is Sean, I'm 31 from Philly and On Methadone Maintenance. Ive been taking my sobriety seriously for the first time in my life and besides a few slip ups Ive been clean for about 3 to 4 months. I just wanted to hear some advice and how some people deal with depression, anxiety, boredom, forgiving yourself and being able to out yourself out there to live a new life.(I cant even bring myself to inquire about employment). I know recovery isn't going to be easy but I cant do it alone and I need help. Any help is appreciate

Posted: January 11, 2020, 9:20 AM
Try SmartRecovery.org, watch YouTube videos of people who are in recovery. There’s a few out there documenting their recovery. Find a therapist who specializes in recovery. Try a phone app.
Give yourself one goal each day. Try an employment agency for a job. Start working part time. Thru social services you may be able to go to a trade school, classes to learn a new trade. It takes time to find the right organization and get thru the waiting, appointments and paperwork.
Life will fall into place, stay clean, opportunities will happen.

Check out the tabs and links on this website- Programs and Resources

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on January 11, 2020, 9:22 AM
OpiateLuvr

Posted: July 6, 2020, 7:53 PM
hey Sean,

Stick with it, and I promise it WILL get better. It really just takes some time. Not sure if you're still around here- but if you are, please check in and let us know how you are feeling and how you are faring. It's hard but- it's do-able. I am living proof. Stay safe, Luv
post replypost new topic