post replypost new topic
Tapering Down Heroin Instead Of Methadone
virginia

Posted: June 11, 2018, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum so nice to meet you and thank you for listening.

I'm 3 months in a methadone treatment. I went from 60mg to 4mg.

I've been a heroin addict for 12 years. I've never shot it, only snorted it and smoked it.

At this point of my treatment i can taper down of 1mg every 4/5 days otherwise i feel like hell.

Note: In the past I've successfully detoxed by tapering down heroin. This is the first time I go on methadone.

I find it incredibly long and painful so my question is: what if I finish tapering down with heroin. a smaller line every 24h until it's over? (again I did it this way successfully in the past).

This is taking so long and I've also been told that after you finish with the methadone you have at least a week of pretty severe withdrawal to go through, until that liquid is out of your bones.

Is this therapy worth it? Or should I just finish by tapering down H?

Any opinion/ advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much everyone :)

Posted: July 15, 2018, 7:36 AM
Virginia, if I understand your question right you are asking if it is reasonable to get off of methadone by using heroin to detox.

This is a question I fear to answer but I will anyhow. Ive detoxed off methadone more than once and the last 10 or so milligrams are really tough. The wd goes on and on.

Last time I got off methadone I used dilaudid (I had it prescribed after surgery). Then I went to a detoxx place to get off dilaudid.

But what u are planning on doing is different. You are actually going to detox with heroin, which sounds crazy but you have done it before so its not so crazy.

You know the risks, how easy it would be to start using again. Dont let that happen. But if it does, go and get a hospitol detox.

I wish you the best, let us know how it goes.

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you
post replypost new topic