post replypost new topic
Differences In Methadone; Wafers Or Liquid?

Posted: January 10, 2007, 11:39 AM
I just wandered if anyone else thinks that the liquid methadone is weaker than the wafers or pills. Used to, when I was on wafers, I could go without for a day and it didn't bother me at all. Now I'm on liquid and that's not the case at all. I didn't take my take-home until just now and I am definitely in withdrawal! (multiple sneezes, runny, burning eyes, and gagging up stomach bile! I usually dose at 7am but I slept late today. I might be wrong but I think the methadone I'm getting is exceptionally weak. Usually, it takes a few days to get sick off methadone. Anybody out there had any similar experiences or am I making myself sick. (sub-consciously)?

--------------------
Peace,
Shirley

When I die, bury me deep.
Place some speakers at
my feet, put some
headphones on my head,
and forever play
The Grateful Dead.

Posted: January 10, 2007, 11:54 AM
shirley i dont know where your from but the clinic i go to they have switched to a cheaper company for the liquid and u can tell if they did cause the color is lighter... i have always thought that the wafers stay with u longer but really everyone is different

Posted: January 10, 2007, 8:51 PM
The clinic that I used to go to gave you a choice. You could have wafers, liquid or the white pills. The one I'm at now just gives you liquid and I believe you hit the nail on the head, lilred. They probably only serve liquid because it's the cheapest and they probably order the cheapest liquid. It's all starting to make sense now. I was beginning to suspect one of the nurses of dipping in my dose! LOL. Seriously, it does happen, though! I knew a nurse at a clinic who got fired for that. The temptation must be pretty large. I know I'd be like a kid in a candy store. A very high kid! LOL.

--------------------
Peace,
Shirley

When I die, bury me deep.
Place some speakers at
my feet, put some
headphones on my head,
and forever play
The Grateful Dead.

Posted: January 11, 2007, 10:22 AM
{shirley) well u are absolutly right i also would like to be that kid in a candy store lol but we know that will never happen... i am glad my clinic dosnt stop giving wafers cause the liquid never did do any thing for me i had the same happen to me hell i thought i got shorted or it was watered down so now i stay on wafers... but now our clinic has to add water to all of the meth so i watch to make sure i have the right amount of disks in all of my bottles... cause u r right u never can trust any one now a days

thankx missy

This post has been edited by lilred on January 11, 2007, 10:23 AM
Bryn

Posted: January 12, 2007, 12:11 AM
Shirley,

Lady I hope you are alright. You got the sneezing, and all?

Well, you know US. Don't even get me started. YES that koolaid crap s*c*s, and I don't know who they think they're fooling with that crapolla.

The BISCUITS are the real deal. Personally I liked the cheapie generic white pills myself. I'm one of them people LOVED methadone. I would have rather had the 'done than the dope. I don't know if they even have the Adolphi's anymore.

It's absolutely NOT your imagination. It happened to me in rehab. They gave me a dose, and within eight hours I was sneezing, eyes watering, and full out in withdrawl. Pacing the halls. The whole deal, and like you I swore one of them nurses took my dose. How I know they put my stuff in that cup?

I hope you are alright, Shirley. They'll need to up you. Hang on lady. Hang on.

Posted: January 12, 2007, 12:50 AM
The diskettes are definatly a stronger version.. My clinic switched a fews years ago to the red syrupy liquid which was ok- but now they use a cheaper generic subsitute that is a clear liquid & many people had to go up on their dose to compansate-
I hear the same thing- "its all the same" "its the same thing"- - well if it dont look the same & it doesnt make you feel as comfortable ,then I say somthing is differant.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel comfortable - you will taper when your ready

best,
jack

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]
kc

Posted: April 5, 2015, 12:40 PM
I have been going to my methadone clinic for a year now, taking waffers. I switched to a clinic last week who has the red liquid. My old clinic shut it's doors. I've been steady sick since I switched. I started at 85 mg, made my way to 95 mg and I still feel awful. the liquid isn't lasting as long, it's just not giving me the same feeling. I'm miserable. They tell me there's no difference in the waffers vs the liquid but I'm feeling a huge difference. Am I crazy? Is it just me?
RJ

Posted: May 15, 2015, 9:24 AM
I myself have currently just switched from the red liquid methadone to the wafers and I can tell a difference in home long it lasts and I think that the wafers are stronger. I to was thinking the nurse was messing with my dose so I switched and I will not go back to the liquid u less I have to the wafers are working for me.
loubrooklyn

Posted: November 26, 2015, 6:49 AM
The wafers work way better then that red meth cough syrup i was on 80mg wafers and it held me abut 24 hours,,,I was on 110mg of the red and feeling sick in the afternoon ,its crap
Anonomous420

Posted: September 5, 2016, 8:30 AM
Ok mite sound dumb to some of you guys but can u take liquid methadose with a half a wafer at the same time and be cool rite just like I took methadone regularly? Or will or can it put me in prescripitated w/ds like suboxone will if u take it too soon after a dose....??? Help me out plz

Posted: September 5, 2016, 2:12 PM
Anonymous. ...
Wish I Could give you exact info on this but I never had wafers out here to compare..but if you don't need to be in wds to start like sub...which you don't on the liquid. ..I'd say only make sure their dosage is comparable to what your use to...wish I could help more...drug.com has some damn good chemists though. ..try there if no one answers here after a bit...stay safe....

Con

This post has been edited by constantine on September 5, 2016, 2:13 PM

Posted: September 7, 2016, 1:15 PM
Wow, this post is almost 10 years old!

Posted: September 8, 2016, 6:45 AM
Funny how time flies, wish it did for me right now, was so close yesterday to kicking the smack, went stupid and took a suboxone, lesson to any and everyone, NEVER USE SUBOXONE TO TRY A KICK OFF, I feel everyone's pain, go forth, handle it, like WarriorQueen, she is truly inspirational
Donna

Posted: July 29, 2018, 4:18 AM
I have been on methadone for over 24 years. I am not a doctor but I have actually been asked by my clinic to speak because I actually know more than the drs. And nurses who dispense and even the counselors. First of all, I don't want a textbook counselor with a 6 month to 2 year diploma in their wall. If someone is helping me, it has to be an ex heroin user that has been through he'll and back like me. I am 67 and thankful to be alive while I have watched 90% of my friends for since the 70's. Dolphins are white pills in different strengths. Biscuits are tangerines colored with a crisscross line to split them in fours...each 10 mg totaling 40 mg. Then there's the famous liquid. I've had green, red, purple and water color. It's something they add so it won't be bitter. 60 mg. Use to be a blocking point where you didn't feel heroin anymore but these days? People are on 150mg and still shooting or whatever. That is RIDICULOUS! SO YOU ASK ARE WE GETTING THE REAL DEAK? I DOUBT IT! THE GOVERNMENT THINKS WE ARE DUMMIES WHEN WE ARE SOME OF THE MOST SENSITIVE SMART ARTISTICT CARING LIVING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO HAVE A HARD TIME COPING! HEY GOVERNMENT!!!MITS TIME TO FIND A NEW WAY AND STOP LEADING IS AROUND CONTROLLING OUR LIVES
Donna

Posted: July 29, 2018, 4:31 AM
I'm sorry. My post has a few mistakes. I meant 90% of my friends have died since the 70's. I'm 67 lucky to be alive.I hope you can correct the words yourselves. Oh and I realize addiction is addiction but these young kids getting on methadone for pills like its and Vicodin etc. Did you ever sell yourselves or boost in the stores, steal and hurt your family, go to jaik, he homeless and hungry? Did you like cheat and steal and truly live the life of a junky. Yes, that is what the public calls us. We had no help like you have today. No commercials with phone numbers, just word of mouth for 1 to 5 detox centers in my state! Don't get me wrong...I'm happy there's more help but methadone is the last alternative after you have tried everything else because it is a life sentence for a lot of people. When they want to kick you off for missing days, using, non payment and other reasons, THEN you will feel it's wrath! Think twice! 24 years for me. Am I proud? Only because I got my life together but how bad was I that I had to put myself through that and now I'm teaching the program stuff they don't know, like when the first methadone clinic was open in my state! Unreal!
leeroy~3

Posted: November 13, 2018, 3:58 PM
i was on liquid back in the day and aside from all these fine comments,its a junky nurse that got me...the liquid can be tampered with.and just for those who will say “they watch the nurses so tjat cant happen” i was also there the day GBI,DEA,FBI and a swarm of local fuzz led her out in chains...turns out she had an entire construction crew ahe was paying to rennovate her home in methadone !
Mandi

Posted: September 22, 2023, 1:46 AM
I know this is an old post but I seriously wish that my clinic would switch to wafers. I asked a person in there today why I have to get that disgusting liquid and she said they do that so we aren’t tempted by the pill form. I told her I would be just fine on the pill form. I have never been addicted to pills! Yay H for awhile ironically! I can barely tolerate the liquid anymore though. It makes me feel like crap and I have to lay down automatically so I am so so glad that I get plenty of takehomes. It has even made me vomit here and there. Something has gotta give. They are making a fortune and I can barely keep it down bc it is so disgusting. I saw this post and was like,”YES bless you guys and hope everyone is well ✌🏻
Mandi

Posted: September 22, 2023, 1:47 AM
Just H for awhile… I never got addicted to pills. Sorry for the confusion.
post replypost new topic