post replypost new topic
I Found Some Sticky Brown Substance, Heroin?

Posted: April 26, 2005, 10:42 PM
While looking through my daughters' things I found a silver ciggarette case which I opened. The case was empty except for a small amount of brown sticky substance that smelled slighty sweet. It wasn't runny. It was the color of coca cola. Please tell me if you think this was heroin. She is only 18 and has admitted to using oxycontin. THanks for your help.
Katt

Posted: April 27, 2005, 12:43 AM
Was it solid,it sounds like hashish to me,a real nice part of the marijuana plant,used to be my favourite drug,a long time ago.

Posted: April 27, 2005, 3:47 AM
If it was chunky and like brown sugar it could be heroin. If she used oc than it is the logical next step. Take her to a drug doctor and have her drug tested.

Posted: April 27, 2005, 10:33 PM
THe substance was just like dark brown sugar that had melted and was sticky to the touch. It was not runny. It smelled just a little sweet. I don't know what it was but I know that my daughter hates needles and has no marks. Can you put something like this in a marijuana cigarette?
Thanks for any help,
KATT

Posted: April 27, 2005, 11:18 PM

There is a picture of black tar heroin at this website.

http://www.kencantu.com/project5/

I just did a google search on it...I have only ever seen white heroin myself, but I know it is available in other forms.

Hope this helps.

v.

p.s. how about just asking her?

Posted: April 27, 2005, 11:31 PM
Wow, thanks for the picture. That was definately not what I saw. I have asked her but she only admits to oxycontin and occasional marijuana use. She seems to get real embarassed when I ask her questions. It is like she is ashamed and I told her I loved her no matter what and that I was going to help her in any way that I could. You definately cleared that up for me. As for the drug test she will not take one and she is 18 years old so I can not force her to take one. That does puzzle me why she won't take a drug test and she has supposedly admitted to all the drugs she is doing. What do you think?
katt

Posted: April 27, 2005, 11:58 PM
Hi kat,

Well, on the one hand it could mean that she is not being honest with you. On the other hand, I can understand how being drug tested could feel like an intrusion upon your privacy...I am a bit older than your daughter (24) but would probably be offended if my parents wanted me to take a test. I guess I feel like they should trust me, but at the same time when I was using I was pretty much constantly denying it...I really did not want to hurt them and felt deeply ashamed.

It's great that you have told your daughter that you will stand by her...I think that will be important for her to know. All you can do really is wait for her to come to you and do what you can not to potentially enable her (i.e. giving her money). But the occasional use of oxycontin is a pretty slippery slope...it is highly addictive. {oops I guess it was the pot that was occasional...my mistake}

Good luck. I hope things workout,
v

This post has been edited by voc on April 28, 2005, 12:01 AM

Posted: April 28, 2005, 12:02 AM
Katt,
I just saw your other post on the pills board. So did your daughter decide to start methadone? how long was she on the oxy for before that?
v

Posted: April 28, 2005, 12:56 AM
Dear Mother's Angel,

Do you realize that Oxycontin is synthetic heroin? I didn't know that before my son got involved with drugs. He got hooked right away to Oxy and then, because you need to keep taking more and more of the Oxy for the same affect, it got too expensive for him and he turned to heroin. Believe me, I NEVER thought I would ever be the mother of a heroin addict. I don't believe my son ever thought he would be a heroin addict either. It's just the progression of the disease...especially if you don't have the money to continue the amount of oxy you need to feel like you want to feel.

The good news is that he has gone to rehab (White Deer Run in Allenwood, PA) and he is now 77 days clean! Keep praying for her daughter (unfortunately there isn't much you can do until she wants help), encourage her to go to meetings and go to Alanon yourself, if she gets into legal problems, let her stay in jail to get detoxed (I know it sounds mean...but they could end up killing themselves with an overdose or accident). I will be praying for you and your daughter. I understand completely what you're going through. Never thought I would, but I do. Remember....YOU didn't cause it, YOU can't control it, and YOU can't cure it.

God bless!

Love,
Susan

--------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attributed)

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, you have never been in bed with a mosquito." Anita Roddick

Posted: May 1, 2005, 8:17 PM
After researching methadone I decided that was not the best route for my daughter to take. She told me yesterday that she has been taking 40 mg of oxycontin a day for about 3 months. I don't know if that is a lot or how hard it is to overcome. But, she decided to go cold turkey. She is taking imodium for diarrhea and ibuprofen for aches and pains. She said she is itching and it is driving her crazy so I told her to take Benedryl but not to take it and drive since it makes you sleepy. She said she hasn't taken oxy for 3 days now and I hope she is telling the truth. Her withdrawls don't seems to be too bad I just don't have anything to judge it by. Does this sound about right for the withdrawls?
katt

Posted: May 1, 2005, 8:27 PM
She should be in bed right now having a very difficult time. Unless she is not like like everyone else I know that has detoxed from Oxy's. Everyone is different but MOST people have it rough for the first 10 days or more withdrawling off that drug! She should be having lack of sleep,irritability,restless legs,body aches,sweats,headaches, lack of energy,diarrhea. Just an overall severe case of the flu. Especially since you said she has used 40 mgs of oxy's a day for over 3 months. Oh yeah she would have a severe case of fatigue and moodiness. There are many OTC medications that would help her. You could also start going to a NA meetings with her. If the withdrawls got unbearable she could start a short term suboxone treatment. That's about all I can suugest. Hope it all works out for her. She can make it with your support.
Keep us posted! Rae

This post has been edited by Rae73 on May 1, 2005, 8:29 PM
JenniferLee

Posted: May 2, 2005, 12:20 AM
There ia a blocker than she can get after detoxing that she takes daily and it blocks the opiate effect. There are drugs like clonadine, etc. for the skin craws. There are ways to detox off of it without using opiates. Call Dr. Kishore in Brookline, MA and (other office named Woburn Family Practice in, Woburn, MA) you can at least find out what they do and maybe get a referral in your area. They do not give opiates.
minx

Posted: May 10, 2005, 12:52 AM
HI, urm...hey i know you American do it differently!!!!! BUT it sounded to me like Mothers Angel's girl was doing smack, what she described finding sounded like normal uk street smack that had been heated....MA...she doesnt need needles you can smoke it....Anyway what i wanted to add was that when I'm in detox / withdrawal state (did a lot of it with my mum too....amazing woman...got me better, and brother off horrendous booze/ drugs f.up...against everyones predictions...so tough it out with your girl if you can...i dont mean any of that tough love crap...but understanding support, keep trying and try nutritional /herbal support if you can...very helpful), urm what was i going to say...oh yes...When |I'm in d.t.'s, everyone goes on about how well i look, *snarls|*,and very few people recognise signs of suffering....a bit lazier / less stamina than usual, screamed at partner in privacy of own home a few times ( 3am was popular...!), but pghysical torment was often underlying...i found William Blooms book / method "the endorphine effect" was abig help if i had patient day...= really good nutrition and herbal tea...passiflora and avena help, eat loads oats, seriously constant flapjack,muesli, porridge, its old chinese based thing from their opium days...and really good for calming down the adrenaline bursts that give u temper tantrums /lack of sleep, natural licorice as an infusion, or real licorice sweet is excellent for that too.DONT rely on prescription drugs too much....my brother took longer to get off the codeine (an opiate!!!!), and diazepam the doc gave him to get him off booze ,and with scarier symptoms...suicide and psychosis, and I had hell trying to get off methadone...made heroin look like a walk in the park....7 days to feel better after 5 years on 1gram smack a day, after cutting down slowly (which was fairly painless), meth...well god knows...self medicated with alcohol and dope. but to my point (sorry i love a digression)every time i dt'd only people that could tell were those i chose to tell.....doesnt mean you're suffering less!!!!! hope all ghoing well Minx
Lana

Posted: June 8, 2013, 10:36 PM
It sounds like heroin. I've gotten plenty of bags with a substance like that. Being a heroin addict of six years, I definitely know what it looks like.
She doesn't have to slam it, she could smoke or snort heroin.
And if she does oxys, there is a huge chance she's using dope. Trust me, I know how it is.
I'm sorry, but I would drug test her if I were you if you really cared and wanted to stop it before it gets worse.

Posted: February 17, 2015, 5:18 AM
Heroin is definitely what comes after oxycottin. However, it sounds like what you described is Marijuana. It's a condensed Form that is smoked. Most herion users snort it too so marks and fear of needles are no indication she's not using. I heard she's on methodone. I really think that's a very wrong move. I would look into suboxone for opioid dependence.

Posted: May 4, 2015, 2:46 PM
I'm sorry to have to tell you that I am 99% positive what you are describing is heroin in the form of when its been heated in powder form to smoke... Not inject... I'm from U.K. And smoking it here we put the brown powder on tin foil, use a lighter underneath the foil to heat the powder which then turns from a solid powder to a black stick and sweet smelling liquid which dries when the heat is taken away to leave a small sized solid but sticky black substance... Definitly heroin... I'm sorry
BUTTERCUP

Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:16 PM
It's heroin. I know I'm on it sadly enough. Heroin is brown white and black. The sweet smell means it has more chem8cals in it, BAD ONES, OR JUST MOSTIURE HAS MADE IT STICKY, NORMAL, I HAVE SOME NOW THATS STICKY AND BROWN. BROWN IS MORE PURE THAN WHITE WHICH MEAN NOT CUT OR BARELY CUT. CUT MEANS THEY HAVE MIXXED SOMETHING IN WITH IT SO THE CAN SELL MORE. RIGHT NOW THERE PUTTING PHENTENOL IN IT, AND KIDS R DYING LEFT AND RIGHT. IVE ONLY BEEN ON IT 2 MONTHS. I HAD STAGE 4 CANCER AND WAS TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO WALK FOR OVER A YEAR AND I MADE A HORRIFIC DECISION. I LOVE GOD AND AM SO ASHAMED. IVE TRIED TO QUIT FOR 2 MONTHS NOW. ITS SO HARD. PEOPLE DONT GET IT. ITS MENTALLY ADDICTIVE TO, PLUS YOUR SOOOOO SICK COMING OFF BUT I AM QUITING. THIS IS IT 4 ME EVEN IF I LEAVE MY HUSBAND. I CAUGHT HIM SHOOTING UP BEHIND MY BACK AND HE SWORE HE NEVER WOULD. I SNORT IT, not to get high, ONLY for Entergy to move around. What a dumb, dumb, dumb choice I made. SO ashamed
Kevin

Posted: January 19, 2018, 4:01 PM
It could be aphid secretions. Especially if she hasn’t used that case in a long time. When I was replacing my bed, all the things I kept underneath it were covered in this brown stuff that looked like maple syrup so I hope it’s not heroin.
post replypost new topic