post replypost new topic
Diff Between Subutex And Suboxone?/

Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:06 AM
i came of heroin wiv the help of subutex,BUT i then started to use again after 11 days on it :o( what a pric* i am.anyway ive statred to use the subutex again and they dotn seem to be working as powerful as b4,where as b4 i was only taking 2ml and soem 0.4`s,and now im taking the 8ml`ers,but tday i DONT feel very gd av been shivering and runny nose but not to a bad extreme.i just WISH that when i did it on new yrs eve i HADNT gopne back to it.stick wiv the program it WIL work.i couldnt believe how much they worked and when i stopped takin them i didnt feel nowt,cept the need to go and hve a smoke cos i knew there waqs medication that wud stop all the rattling FULL STOP .little did i know that when i came back to using them againb they wudnt have as much effect on me this time round ah well ill live and elarn am startin the proper progfram soon,so am gunna try the suboxone`s,i just dotn know whether they are any diffrent to subutex as in teh way theyy work onthe bdoy anyoen know please let me know.am also debating on whether to use the other one but am not to sure of the name of it.lkaxa summat or other it is
raerae

Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:11 AM
subonoxe- well i started them yesterday. my doctor told me that they have a blocker in them so i can't use, it will make me sick. now how true this is i don't know or even care to find out. i don't want to be sick.
he said subutex doesn't have the blocker in it, it just has the bup in it. so you can use but you need to use enough to over ride the bup.
i don't know if this is all right, its just what he told me.
good luck to you in whatever you choose to do.
raeare

Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:15 AM
huh!!, all of hem have a blocker in them,thast the reason why they brought them out,just that i know that u #CANT inject the suboxone where as u can the subutex,as they have a blocker in them to stop it wiorkin thru IV the suboxone,if theyre as gd as subutex am gunna hve to try them out,anyway cheers for that bitta info :o)
diff

Posted: February 15, 2005, 12:34 PM
Hi freestyler, Morph and I have found exactly the same thing with subutex. They work pukka the first time, but when you've been back on the gear, you do start to notice some cluck. The good news is this is temporary. I'm back on the sub for 5 days now, and I have to say that I'm gouching. I am on some pretty heavy anti-psychotics so that dopes me out a bit, but I felt pretty crappy for the first 3 days back on the sub. Yesterday I felt normal and today I feel smashed. Stick with it. You already know that the only difference between subutex and suboxone is that you can't whack the suboxone up. And believe me, whacking up subutex takes luck, courage and a large degree of stupidity. I know. I've done it.

You'll be fine.
love
diff
heroin girl

Posted: February 15, 2005, 2:06 PM
Hey Diff,

I have until the end of March to decide if I want to switch from meth to sub. Let's see, what i am hearing is that with subutex, it's better for cravings and with suboxone if you do relapse it will make you sick b/c the antagonist in it drops you WHAM? Why would anyone want to break down subs anyway? Does it even have any opiate characteristics? It has the ceiling effect, right? Is it considered an opiate?

We are just now getting a doc in our area who will prescribe them. I am unsure. Since I've been on meth I have only used gear 3 times or so. (that's in 4 yrs) But I have had a prob with the meth. Esp. liquid. It's kicked my a** worse than h even. Luckily, I don't have to do it everyday. I'm thinking I need a change.

so glad you're back,
h-girl

Posted: February 15, 2005, 3:04 PM
nice one diff thanks alot,reyt well am gunna go smoke mi last bitta s***e then hit the band wagon on the subs......i have to buy them of the streets tho,tahst the only problem and the drug counselling clinic WONT advise me on how to take tyhem (how daft am tryna help msilf and they say tough) fe%in daft.am just so sicka smokin this kack,the ONLY reason i smoke it is cos i CANT get hold of ANY weed at all..no dealer nr me, nearest dealer is a smakc dealer and seems easier to smoke that eve tho i DONT get any buxx from it at all.i had 4 bags on sat and not on little gouch :o( how s***e can u get lol anyways off to do mi last bit now n cheers for that ,at least im not on mi own wiv it not workin properly this time round :o( but im not to sure if i felt s***ty cos i had taken 8mg of sub instead of 4.i dunno *shrugs* lol

it makes no diff to me between subox n subut cos i CANT inject *shuit scared of needles* hahaha

This post has been edited by freestyler on February 15, 2005, 3:05 PM
diff

Posted: February 15, 2005, 4:30 PM
Dear HG, injecting subutex kind of brings on a warm gouchy feeling. But it is pretty risky. Don't recommend it. Suboxone has naloxone in which negates this effect. All the literature I have on it says it's an opiate, but my drug-worker tells me it's not a true opiate. I'm not sure.

best wishes

diff

Posted: February 15, 2005, 5:18 PM
It's not so much that you can't bang up suboxone, the real difference between the two which is very vital is that suboxone contains naltraxone ontop of the bup. Everyone should no the risk/pain with doing gear ontop of naltraxone. The naltraxone is designed to make you very very sick if there's any opiates in your body, be very very careful. p.s anyone know if theyv'e actually introduced suboxone over here in England yet, last time I was at my ddu they said it was just to expensive and wouldn't even give me subutex.
Freestyler- don't totaly beleive what they say about the blocker bit. Subutex isn't a complete blocker unfortunately, until your taking over 8mg and then iv'e used over that and overidden the sub. Still as diff said you gotta be crazy/lucky trying out these so called sub /gear cocktails. I to have to get my sub's on the street. So raerea your dr was pretty much straight up with you, for a change,they usually scare people into beleiving it's going to completly block any effects la de da de da etc etc.
Subs is temgesic, nothing new about it, nothing fancy about, just instead of.2mg you get 8mg or similar but at the end of the day it's temgesic, a painkiller, just a much higher dose.
Sub's are classed as an opiate, but with both agonist and antagoinst properties, basically menaing they do block/ they don't. Can't comment much on the chemical side of it.
Freestyler pity you couldn't get any weed, bundles over here in s.london but I know what you mean it can take 2 min's to score gear and 1/2 a day for a bit of puff. I don't suppose it was lofexidine you were reffering to earlier in one of your posts which can be used in treatment but not as popular or effective as sub's but still worth investigating.
Anyway there's a bit of info there which may or may not be of any use to anyone, but whatever I wish you all the best whatever stage everyone's at. Lots of respect going out there.

Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:01 PM
Actually many people are confusing Naloxone (Narcan) with Naltrexone (Revia).

Subutex = buprenorphine

Suboxone = buprenorphine + naloxone.

Because Suboxone is dissolved under the tongue, the body receives none of the naloxone and all of the buprenorphine. If injected however, the Naloxone reverses the effect of the buprenorphine. It is the exact same drug that paramedics give to someone who overdoses on opiates (eg heroin).

So injecting Suboxone means you get none of the opiate effect and therefore have wasted that dose.

I hope this clears things up

Sean

--------------------
A Buddhist Lama once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you."
So I didn't.

Get Help for Codeine Addiction Here

Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:56 PM
am from the U.K. man up norf nr fekin manchester n still struggle to get weed :o( madensss innit,can get gear easy but weed/resin wooosh half an hours walk to score

and yes they have introduced suboxone now am waiting to start the program on the 1st/2nd of march :o) i do smoke gear on top of my subs.i felt ruff as a badgers a** earlier had a smoke and it sorta sorta me out...is prettty daft why they have had to rename the temgesics as subutex cos they cant get alicence to market it as a blocker. the 1st time ti took it it TOTALLY blcoked everything out cravings,rattle i felt BRILL.well am gunna start takin the subs again tomoz but only taking 4ml thsi time i took 8 ml yesterday and felt liek s*** till id have a smoke,anyways will let ya know how it goes taking the 4 ml instead of the 8.i have taken 10 temmys b4 and fluffin hell i WONT ever take them liek i did that night :o$ anyways am nackered now so am offsk oto bed so see ya laetsr yall n GOOD LUCK in gerrrin off it

AND I HAVE TO SAY THIS

HALF OF THE ADDICTION TO ANYY DRUG IS MENTAL BESIDES PHYSICAL MOST PPL ARE "SCARED" OF doin the rattle butit aint that bad i have dun cold turkey b4 but am "SCARED" of doin it again how daft can u get LOL at me anyways catch ya all laters <Gone>
diff

Posted: February 16, 2005, 1:45 PM
He Freestyler, you and me both. I've been eking this ten spot out for the last 24 hrs. I went to pick up some money this morning and I meet this guy at the bank who tells me he's got gear if I want it, but could I get him any draw? The girl I get my draw off ain't answering her phone. I can get heroin on every street corner, but it's dry as f*** where draw's concerned!

Ta Ra

diff

Posted: February 17, 2005, 8:36 AM
what ya reckon i shud do??
i have got some 8ml of subutex..shud i cut them in half or take them full for 5 days as i only have 5 of them and i dunno if i shud take 8 ml or 4ml i was only smokin it again for 2 munfs but was gerrin towards 30 quid a day gr thst why i bough the subs to help me stop againnnnn any ideas,cud i detox in 5 days using them wivout doin a rattle?/

This post has been edited by freestyler on February 17, 2005, 1:24 PM
Jennifer

Posted: February 19, 2005, 5:25 AM
Just take the medicine to get better. Dont consider shooting it up because that defeats the purpose! Wake up! It is supposed to stop you from getting high. If you want to get high why bother.
Rezonator

Posted: August 29, 2018, 9:15 AM
Hi I know these posts are old but for anyone new looking 8ml subutex has a blocker/opiate antagonist whereas the smaller doses don't! This is why everyone posting has had bad withdrawal symptoms when doing gear before taking an 8ml but had no problems with 2ml or smaller
post replypost new topic