post replypost new topic
Apt Poetry For Addiction

Posted: February 12, 2020, 8:53 PM
This is so very true: -

“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”

― Edgar Allan Poe

Who can relate to this poem? I would love to hear other people's thoughts on this...

Posted: February 12, 2020, 11:01 PM
I'm really surprised I didn't know Edgar Allen poe had experienced using stimulants. I'm 4 month clean and my addiction to drugs has turned into food addiction and I'm really sad. I had really tried to keep fit so I have a good feeling about my body. It's all going out of control.

This post has been edited by Momo on February 12, 2020, 11:07 PM

Posted: February 13, 2020, 12:33 AM
Dear Momo,
Amazing that you're 4 months clean; well done to you! Addiction is so strong that we reach for other ‘escapes’, and it is so common to turn straight to another one. I hope you feel more in control today. I have joined a gym in a desperate attempt to lead a ‘normal’ life as well, but, like you, I feel out of control a lot of the time. Every day is such a struggle but I keep fighting this debilitating illness.
Stay strong.
HL

Posted: February 14, 2020, 12:56 AM
Hidden Light, thanks for the inspiring words, I started working out today. yesterday was a much better day and I think I was in control more or less. Lately I've been in pretty bad mood but I have to deal with it cause I know they're not going to last long. I hope you're doing great and I pray for strength and good vibes each step of your journey . Thank you.

This post has been edited by Momo on February 14, 2020, 12:58 AM
HUGO

Posted: February 14, 2020, 5:48 PM
i just don't care who knows. i don't want to be secretive. its my past. i'm not scared to write on here. if someone wants to know 10 years from now i was writing on here about my addiction. so motherf***ing what. i never felt so good after i write on here. maybe subconsciously i hope someone will read it and never use again in their life. NEVER NO MATTER WHAT!. i want to be me without that stuff for the rest of my life. No i'm not volunteering all my dirt, but writing on here helps me feel cleaner. no more fear or what they think. the past helped me get here. i feel great staying clean. out
post replypost new topic