post replypost new topic
First Person To Tell... Real Or Ideal In Hindsigh
Doofus Mctavish

Posted: October 24, 2018, 5:37 PM
I an curious to know who you thought would be the best first person to tell ... Who was the first person to find out if different... And in hindsight... Is there someone else you now think would have been the better first person to tell you had a problem?!?!

Posted: October 29, 2018, 11:44 PM
First Step NA meeting (Real) best decision I ever made! Feel most comfortable with alcoholics/addicts that understand and also tell it like it is. Keep the best and the hell with the rest...the secret to meetings.

--------------------
YANA

Posted: November 6, 2018, 8:46 AM
I never really “told” anyone... I didn’t have to, they figured it out. The first person I admitted it to was my Dad. By the time I had that conversation with him I had been addicted for 11 years. My parents knew that my addiction was my problem not there’s and we had not once discussed it in those 11 years. I had always known that my parents were there if I needed them. My parents had never enabled me so my relationship with them had always been very positive. I brought my problem to them when I knew I was finished and I knew my problem was something I could not handle alone. Once we had that conversation something within me would not allow myself to relapse. In 11 years of addiction I made one attempt at sobriety. I have been clean 13.5 years. I never went to rehab, I only went to two meetings ( they hurt me instead of help me) I found my own system that worked to keep me clean and leaned on my family. My process was successful so there is not a single change I would have made to it.
post replypost new topic