post replypost new topic
Return Of Crack Dreams
9 yrs clean

Posted: January 29, 2018, 12:11 PM

I was a heavy daily user for 15 years living on the street in Vancouver. I quit cold turkey in 2009 (no treatment or programs) and have not relapsed, Back in 2004 I did stop for a year but I relapsed a year later and became much worse. Although I never quit smoking pot at some point I stopped buying it when I was a crackhead because all my money went to crack.

One of the hardest things about quitting crack was waking up in the morning jonesing for crack because I would dream of smoking crack and not getting high.

I do not know when I stopped having the dreams but in 2010 I started buying pot again.I had become a heavy marijuana user going through an ounce every 2 weeks. I recently stopped buying pot and do not find it that difficult but...NOW MY CRACK DREAMS HAVE RETURNED!! I hate them. I am having them EVERY night after 9 years clean I am waking up jonesing again. If there was crack in the house I would smoke it. I am not around crackheads anymore so I do not expect to relapse but I can't stop thinking of it and I feel like crap in the mornings. I am not sure what to do from here.
9 yrs clean

Posted: January 30, 2018, 12:04 PM
I feel better today, I did not dream of smoking crack last night for the first time in over a week. It seems just posting on this forum has helped some. I still feel like smoking a joint but that is way easier to deal with then jonesing for crack. There is no one here I can talk to about this because I do not tell people I used to be a crackhead. The next time I wake up wanting crack I will post here again. It would be nice if I can get past this after 9 years crack free.
9 yrs clean

Posted: February 5, 2018, 3:03 PM
I had more crack dreams last night. I woke up feeling like crap wanting more rock at about 7 am. luckily I was very tired and managed to go back to sleep a little but it was not restful sleep. I did manage to force myself up at 10:30 am but I am supposed to be up at 8 am for work. It is noon now and I am over it.... until I dream again.
hurtnfrustrated

Posted: February 5, 2018, 8:23 PM
I would like to congratulate you on your 9 yrs of sobriety that is awesome!! I am not a user but the spouse of a user and reading your posts is something i would never of thought to happen that many yrs in sobriety.. all I wanted to say is keep going strong, do not give into those dreams and perhaps you need to take melatonin to help you sleep more soundly or would it help to see a dr on this, I mean the last thing you want to happen is for those damn dreams to cause you to relapse.

Again, Congrats to you and your 9 yrs

Posted: February 5, 2018, 10:15 PM
not only am i proud of you, but you give me encouragement. I made my 1st pre relapse call today and it feels so much better than using and dealing with all the pain and guilt after the fact. I mentally relapse daily however, I am learning that we don't have to succumb to it. Reading your posts really helps. thank you.

--------------------
All this happened for the sole purpose to help others fight this thing with all we got.
9 yrs clean

Posted: March 5, 2018, 2:56 PM
Bad crack dream again last night, this time I was showing someone how to cook the powder. I woke up before I smoked the rock but I was jonesing heavy. I am sure I would have relapsed if I had easy access. I am also glad I do not have to work until 2 pm today. I am still craving a little but I am ok and will not go seeking it. I have no thoughts of using until I dream of it and this is making me crazy. I wish I knew how to make the dreams stop.
9 yrs clean

Posted: March 6, 2018, 4:07 AM
I posted earlier today before I went to work about my latest crack dream, After 9 years clean I can sometimes go weeks without thinking of getting high but today it was on my mind most of the day. Today I was in a clients house that was being cleaned after the tenants moved out and I found a folded up piece of paper behind a closet door that kind of looked like a flap. I eagerly picked it up and started to open it wondering what it might contain but before I finished opening it I got disgusted with myself and threw it up on the top shelf inside the closet. I once found a point of down inside an empty move out about 15 - 20 years ago and I made number 7 rock with it even though I only smoked crack at the time. I worry that had I found something in that flap I would have used it. I worry that if I keep having these dreams I will eventually find myself in a situation where I have easy access and will throw what is left of my life away. If anyone does know how to make the dreams stop please tell me.

Posted: March 7, 2018, 10:51 AM
see a Naturopathic ND. who specializes in homeopathic medicine. The goal will be to boost your immune system. Look at your diet, sugar and caffeine intake, and low or high blood sugar levels. other meds OTC or Rx may be influencing the dreams. ie sleep meds. start charting food and drink intake, stress,etc.. when you have the dreams, look at what is going on when the dreams come up, see if you can start making a correlation to something that triggers the dreams. Good to do the charting before seeing ND so you will have a good insight to start with. eliminate or decrease elements and increase water intake. maybe increase exercise routine before sleeping. this is a long term plan. gradual lifestyle changes that are good for the long run anyway, so you are not really loosing anything. win, win.

Posted: March 8, 2018, 4:32 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...ocid=spartanntp

Posted: April 9, 2018, 12:39 PM
Well there you have it, a lot of advise from people who chose to do drugs.What more could a person ask for.

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
post replypost new topic