post replypost new topic
Is That A Relapse If Alcohol Is Not My Drug O

Posted: January 1, 2017, 9:27 AM
Ok I never hardly drank during my drug use for me it didn't go well . Yes I know alcohol is a drug I am wondering since I am a recovering drug addict of 8 months clean from met. I had a friend invite me over to their New Years party and I decided to drink I had 3-8oz of Champagne and 1-8 oz beer 1-oz fireball 2 Oz of crown royal straight on the rocks well I am just wondering is that considered a relapse if alcohol was not my choice of drug to enjoy .

This post has been edited by Christyw on January 1, 2017, 9:31 AM

Posted: January 1, 2017, 12:43 PM
my opinion is no, your problem was with met and you never even liked drinking so having drink socially here and there i dont think its problem. I don't drink either but i do have drink with friends when i am out with them clubbing once every few months and would never ever think i have problem with drink as long as i dont exchange one addition with another one.

Posted: January 31, 2017, 2:45 PM
Hi bonnie, I agree with your opinions and my opinion is also no. Think I also follow as like you.

Posted: January 31, 2017, 6:20 PM
Sounds like you are looking for approval of something that may have been the wrong thing to do. Only you know if you relapsed. I know for this recoveredcrackhead 7 drinks is way to much for I would be drunk. I no longer seek to change my perception of reality by chemical means.
And when talking about relapse you should consider what recovery/sobriety mean to you. If it's simply avoidance/abstinence from your drug off choice or is it the changing og behaviors and will drinking bring you back to them.
Only you can answer these questions.
So, did you relapse?

Be well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
post replypost new topic