post replypost new topic
Crack Dreams
Kyle

Posted: September 12, 2016, 10:40 PM
I havebeen clean for 10 years and am still have ver vivid dreams off using. I don't believe they will ever totally cease. I usually have about one or two a month.9

Posted: September 13, 2016, 10:40 AM
I have been clean for 7 days as of today. Yes, the crack dreams are for REAL. Vivid, intense, like real life. I wake up as if I are in some stage of crack use. Before I quit I would have the dreams and when I wok up the crack was on my mind and it was definitely something I was going to seek out that day. Now that I have made the decision to quit I just know the dreams are there, will happen and just kinda deal with it when I wake up. Actually makes me mad to know that is how much of a negative affect the drug has had on my body and mind.

Regarding relapse, I just keep focusing on the almost irrelevant amount of high followed by hours of negativity. High is just NOT worth it. When I think about crack, and it trying to get me to want that unbelievable feeling again, I just turn my attention to all the imminent negatives: paranoia, depression, guilt of using AGAIN, heart racing, wasting money, and on and on. All for what? A hiccup of high time where all I did was enrich a drug dealer network and cause more negativity in my own life.

Posted: September 13, 2016, 12:25 PM
Are you attending NA meetings ?

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: November 2, 2016, 9:53 PM
Wow, man you really nailed that on the head,,,,coke is the not the worst physical withdraw,,that is definitely a mental craving,,,I have had the coke dreams ,,,,not many where Im actually doing the drug ,,I time I was in jail for 60 days I did have a dream I was hitting the pipe I woke up ,,sat up and exhaled like I was holding the hit in,,,n i swear it was the scariest thing that I had dreamt and literally felt the rush as I woke up and exhaled......most of my dreams, which I dream alot,,,not necessarily about drugs,,my dreams are very Vivid,,,most of the drug dreams I jyst have drugs in my hand or something like that but not many where Im using the drugs,,,,and coke is the worst mentally,,,,,Im a dual addict,but cokevwas always my second choice...had to have my opiates first...I can go for months without doing it and then I f*** up and it's a miserable time,,,,ur paranoid,,don't want to talk,,,what the heck kind of party is that,,,,sit around a table with people just looking stupid,,feeling stupid,,,guys think they can have sex,,,and yes I will say your lucky if you've spent thousands of dollars but wasn't able to get off sexually until it's gone......if you have gotten a orgasm while on coke ,,,that's would be the only good thing about it,,,but it comes to an end after years of chasing that s***,,,what makes our minds want to feel like that....we know what it leads to yet our mind tells us to do it...not painful either except for the anxiety you go through thinking about doing it,,,and during the use of it your anxiety gets worse.....does coke get on our brain receptor like opiates do???thank for reading ,,,
9 yr clean

Posted: January 29, 2018, 12:05 PM
I was a heavy daily user for 15 years living on the street in Vancouver. I quit cold turkey in 2009 (no treatment or programs) and have not relapsed, Back in 2004 I did stop for a year but I relapsed a year later and became much worse. Although I never quit smoking pot at some point I stopped buying it when I was a crackhead because all my money went to crack.

One of the hardest things about quitting crack was waking up in the morning jonesing for crack because I would dream of smoking crack and not getting high.

I do not know when I stopped having the dreams but in 2010 I started buying pot again.I had become a heavy marijuana user going through an ounce every 2 weeks. I recently stopped buying pot and do not find it that difficult but...NOW MY CRACK DREAMS HAVE RETURNED!! I hate them. I am having them EVERY night after 9 years clean I am waking up jonesing again. If there was crack in the house I would smoke it. I am not around crackheads anymore so I do not expect to relapse but I can't stop thinking of it and I feel like crap in the mornings. I am not sure what to do from here.
Sister of an addict

Posted: November 10, 2018, 10:02 AM
Hey,

my older brother has tried to quit over & over again & now hoe’ssomewehre in limbo with it. He’s gotten his life back on track where he’s in his own home again & fighting to have his kids there with him. I’m always afraid to ask if he’s slipped up again, actually everyone in my family is because we just have no knowledge of how to deal and help him and mostly cause everyone lives so far away. I’ the only one in the same country as him and he plus he lives 3 hours away from me.

Iam very very worried, i do lots of research but i find myselff having the crack dreams & i’ve never used. I read all your stories and nomatter how far in your recovery u are, how many times you’ve already tried.. i just wanna say you tried again please stay positive & ii really really appreciate what 9 yr clean said about how he tries to help himself its really strenght of the mind or even exercising strength you dont know you have. GOOD LUCK to everyone here, my prayers be with you all!
Sean

Posted: December 16, 2018, 11:02 AM
10 years and still having them is crazy, I quit for 4 years, another stunt of 2 years, and 4 months, other times as well but these are the main ones, 4 year and 2 year I dont recall ever having them, but I fo get em now, I'm clean 14 days, and had one dream after a week, I find they go away after a couple months, what I find is best thing to avoid these dreams is to smoke crack, lmao, ok that was a joke, honestly I been so busy lately, I don't have time to think, and so tired at night, and I dont get them, but everyone is different, good lock

Posted: January 2, 2019, 6:03 PM
How ironic or coincidental....

Yesterday I was involved in a discussion about positive urine's after the usual elapsed time for what ever drug. The discussion hit on the fact that metabolites are stored in our fat cells and get released after long periods. The thought was this could lead to relapse. I wonder if this could be connected to the duration of drug dreams?

Be Well,
Larry

PS 9yrs clean; sound like my story...I couldn't afford to buy weed either..

PPS Papa Bear, are you still pushing that?

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644

Posted: April 25, 2019, 12:12 AM
My dreams have been romancing the high of my drug of choice for a long time. I'm putting in the work now to fight that. I have to come to the realization that even though I'm not actually using, I'm still setting myself up to faulter. My mental energy could be spent on something more productive.

WTF do I still want to get high after all this time clean? (Just saying). Its a struggle..its a fight for the long haul. Just glad you shared your dreams and feelings. You're not alone. Other members need to know that too. Thanks for being brave enough to admit it.

--------------------
All this happened for the sole purpose to help others fight this thing with all we got.
post replypost new topic