post replypost new topic
Crack Addict Express Anger Frequently
Lucy

Posted: January 4, 2014, 2:32 PM
Just discovering our loved one is using crack. He frequently explodes in anger and says really mean and hurtful things. His anger is always in reaction of something minor like asking that he be somewhere a little earlier so we can get the best seat. He will then say that we are tyring to control him and don't need to tell him what to do and then it becomes this huge blowup. When asked about use, he of course denies it.He has lost a great car, homes, always needs $20, and this person was very well to do, and now has no job. He has maintained a normal weight, but also smokes weed. He seems to get confused when he blows up in anger and seems to see it as I or if its a group of us did it. We never yell back, are ALWAYS calm and try to brush it off and move forward and just explain we did not mean to offend him or mean it the way it came across. Is this what crack addicts do? As in, do the misinterpret innocent comments? Explode in anger at the slightest of things?

Posted: January 5, 2014, 9:42 AM
Could be a lot of explanations. but that $20 comment seems to piont to crack. Atleast that was my experience.

Nothing you can do until he is ready to change, and then a lot of hard work will be in order.

I wish you much luck and the only thing you can do know is avoid him. I hope there are no kids involved, mine grew up without a father, and for that I will always be ashamed.

If he decides he needs help, I would be glad to offer any insight I may have.

I can always be reached by e-mail recoveredcrackhead@yahoo.com

Be well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644

Posted: October 9, 2016, 10:27 AM
Yeah my husband is on crack. That's really typical from them. It's from repressed guilt. Men are usually more prideful than women and you see this from them. I also see that from high strung hyper active female addicts.

Posted: November 29, 2016, 1:07 AM
I just posted a similar question. From what I'm experience with my boyfriend, absolutely yes! Cracks addicts seems to always be angry at the smallest minor things. They're mean & irritable & as you stated, always asking for $20 to get high. My boyfriend has a job; however, he hasn't seen any of his checks because he smokes crack on credit & therefore, he gave the drug dealer his ATM card to pay back a $3000 debt help owes the dealer. Of course, this means I'm on hook to pay the bills, buy personal products, give him gas & lunch money every week. I'm tired but, I love this man very much & I want to help him get sober.

Posted: November 29, 2016, 11:04 AM
Sasha 1,

Post your concerns in Families/Partners of Addicts, where you can get the support you are looking for.

- the moderators

Posted: November 29, 2016, 4:00 PM
You will not help him get sober by paying the bills while he smokes up his money. You are essentially PAYING for his drugs.

--------------------

JEN

I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power,love and a sound mind.
post replypost new topic