post replypost new topic
Smoking Crack In My Dreams
Ripley

Posted: January 19, 2005, 3:20 PM
Ok you guys it's been 3 weeks now since I did a hit and it is not easy stasying straight. But what is worse now is I am getting high in my dreams. lately, I am dreaming of packing the stem lighting it , hearing the crackling sounds and smoking it and tasting it too!!!

I actually felt high in my dreams too!!!

How many of you in recovery are going through this too?

Reply please!

Posted: January 19, 2005, 3:59 PM
Hi
I myself am not an addict, but my boyfriend is a recovering heroin/morphine addict. When he quit using, he started suffering the same type of dreams and then he would wake up jonesing. I looked up on the different boards here and found it to be a very common thing that happens when you stop using. They will start to happen less and less. At least it did for my boyfriend. He still has one every once in a while, but it's starting not to bother him as much. He's a little over 2 months clean.

Hang in there - you are doing great!!!
Mickey

--------------------
You don't drown by falling in the water.
You drown by staying there.
Anonymous

Posted: January 19, 2005, 7:19 PM
This is a common phenonemon with recoverying addicts. We kind of play out our recovery through dreams. You may first have dreams of using...they will then change to trying to use but being unable to...then to fighting it, or being around it and not doing it...so on. This is normal...the problem I encountered with these dreams is trying to get high in my dreams and then waking up with cravings, or feelings of not being satisfied and wanting to sastify my cravings with drugs. I found that finding someone to discuss my dreams with and talk me through them really helped.
BeFree

Posted: January 20, 2005, 4:42 AM
Yes I had dreams all the time of using and would wake up with massive cravings, I still have them just not the desire to use after them. Now I'm always crawling around on red carpet picking up rocks to smoke.
Danielsmomma

Posted: January 21, 2005, 11:38 AM
as far as i know ripley, that is extremely common. i have hadmany using dreams while trying to stay clean..last night i dreamed i was innocently doing laundry and a brillo pad fell out of a pcket in my pants..i woke up so upset and was looking around to make sure it was really a dream..hang in there hun..its normal.

Posted: January 22, 2005, 2:57 AM
This is so weired because in all of my crack dreams i never get to actually take the hit. in my dreams i will either be hiding from someone and putting the rock on the pipe and when im just about to smoke it, boom i wake up. or the eprson im hiding from will find me and take my crack..i ussualy wake up after these dreams and sometimes think i would like to get high in my dreams and maybe the cravings in real life will go-away...wishfull thinkin , i know
Ripley

Posted: January 23, 2005, 9:39 PM
You are right guys...also, sometimes in my dreams I try to rush and take a hit and I am so out of breath that I cannot enjoy the hit and then I am frustrated in my dream. WEIRD HUH????

I hope this all goes away. BY the way, I had a friend of mine show-up at my house on Friday night. My girl was away and he walked in with a $200.00 rock. I immediately wanted to s**t and throw-up. I got so nervous and sick that I told him I couldn't and he left. BUT after he left I started to go through "relapse thinking" but when I tried tpo reach him to come back his cell phone ran out of minutes and I couldn't reach him. Now I don't know if I am upset that he left or upset that he came by and I almost relapsed. I say this because when he came by my whole recovery had to start over again even though I didn't use. Because I have the thought to use again fresh in my mind.

Any suggestions? Please do not say "go to meetings" because I tried that and I hate getting up and saying " My name is ******* and I am a crack addict". I also do not want to see anyone there that may know me or know my family. You see I am a General Manager of my town's mall and cannort afford to get that reputation as a crack addict.

Posted: January 24, 2005, 6:29 AM
Ripley, i know that people hate hearing the same thing.."go to meetings" but i am telling you you have to do it. it will work, but just going to a meeting and sitting there waiting till it is over is not how it works. you have to work the program. ask people there for help, they are very willing to help. as far as your small town and general manager job, i have news for ya, if you dont go to meetings and quit the crack, you will lose your general manager job anyway. so one suggestion i have is go to another town , drive as far as you have to. just make sure you do it. dude it is your life....we have to beat this drug crap, and we can all do it together..

Posted: January 25, 2005, 3:31 PM
I agree with bigbb...you need to make a choice as to what is more important your pride, or your life. The meetings I have been to I have never had to get up and say anything unless I choose to. I work in a recovery house for women, and we evaluate the women coming in by asking them a set of questions....the minute they say....but, can't, don't, won't...we ask them to come back in Thirty days as you have to be willing to do anything for your recovery no matter how uncomfortable it feels. Addicts are always running from anything that makes them feel uncomfortable so, you need to feel the fear but, do it anyway. Putting conditions, or boundaries on your recovery is dangerous. I would suggest that you start by asking people from your past not to come by because you don't want to use, and ask them to respect your decision to stop.
G-UNIT

Posted: February 13, 2005, 10:37 PM
YEAH I HAD THE SAME EXPIRIENCE. Butn in my dreams it never really tasted like crack and i didnt feel the high but more like the anxious feeling that you get before you about to take a hit.Try to occupie yourself during the day and keep you mind off crack as much as possible.
Tony

Posted: February 13, 2005, 11:24 PM
I can't believe that someone other than myself has had dreams of smoking crack and actually felt like they were high. This exact thing has happened to me several times. I usually wake up holding my breath, as if I was holding in that ear- ringer. The dreams are so vivid, so real... it's unbelievable. I wish I could offer some insight as to how to make it stop, but, unfortunately, I can't. I do know that addiction is a trick that is played on the brain. The brain produces dopamine. This chemical is what produces the euphoric feelings, for instance, when we're happy, or excited. When we get high, it's like producing this chemical on demand. The body likes it. The jones is produced by the brain craving the chemical and it knows that by toking up, it will get it's fix of dopamine, because when we get high, the brain produces dopamine. There are drugs to help with this. L-Phenylalanine or L-Tyrosine. Apparently these drugs restore the brain chemicals Norepinephrine and Dopamine. These drugs also curb sweets, caffeine, and tobacco. Talk to your doctor. Maybe this will help you. You may want to try an amino acid supplement too. I don't know for sure, but I'm told that this can be helpful too. Good luck with your sobriety. PEACE.

Posted: February 14, 2005, 1:04 AM
Hello. I am only 10 days clean of crack. And yes, I have dreams every night of smoking. And for me, I guess, not having very much time of being clean behind me "yet" ...... I wake up every day as if it is the first day of my recovery. I have night sweats very bad, chills, stomach pains, leg cramps. Are these things just "in my head" or does anyone else go through this? The intense cravings, wanting to feel "that" feeling, the first "hit" of my day was something that I would chase and chase and chase. But if you really stop and think about it,.....all the rest of the "hits" would never come close to comparing to that first one of the day. Well, that's how it was for me. But I never gave up,......oh no,......not me.....I just kept on and on trying to chase and catch that first hit of the day. Now, that I am 10 days clean, I can still smell it even knowing good and well it's no where around me. I can taste it when I smoke a cigarette. Most of the time I have to put my cigarette out because the taste gets so intense that I can't handle it.

--------------------
"The face is the mirrow of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart." (St. Jerome)
LiamEO

Posted: May 24, 2020, 8:36 AM
I dreamt of smoking crack, Known and often referred to by the code name "hard" In my area, Opposed to the powder cocaine "soft". Like many dreams we don't always remember every detail, But mine was smoking crack,Near a laundry machine, A washer I believe..I'm mentioning the washer for 2 reasons; One being the motto "The truth always comes out in the wash" & second is I seen someone else mention smoking crack, with brillo and a laundry machine! Maybe theirs something to it! Could be because in most places a broken down washer or dryer you get 40$ for the scrap metal, Which if you've been in the drug use circles enough, you know scrap metal is often collected to provide funds for obtaining ones drugs! Also I think dreaming of drugs is our subconscious and conscious processing and working out our sobriety! It takes a lot to move away from being a drug user and to be born into a non drug user!
Crackhead Bob

Posted: June 2, 2020, 3:52 PM
Dreaming is stage 2 in recovery it lasts month 2 to month 4. Very dangerous time.. i found once i wake up from a crack dream..stay up dont go back to sleep right away.. go to youtube look up AA meeting or NA .. watch one right away especially if you have money in your pocket.. get through this stage your in the clear.. next step 3 out 5 is stay away from active users..u will feel for qhite sometime invincible..but the more your around it ..you will fail everytime

Posted: July 13, 2020, 10:08 PM
CB, hogwash

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
post replypost new topic