post replypost new topic
7 Years + Sober

Posted: December 30, 2020, 3:44 PM
Hello - new to this forum. just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 'jim' - and I used to play video games regularly while drinking heavily. About 7 years and a few months ago, on a black friday (day after thanksgiving), a gaming friend from across the country called me and told me that I had a problem with my addictions, and I had become a different person while drinking and indulging my other vices.

It was that moment I realized I would never drink or do drugs again. 2590 days later, and i'm still sober.

It is amazing, how a quick call from a relative stranger, can have had such a profound impact.

Jim F

Posted: December 30, 2020, 4:06 PM
Congratulations. I have 10 years myself. After a while, that anniversary is just another day.

Posted: January 4, 2021, 12:21 AM
Don't you you wish we could "bottle" us the feeling of sobriety and pour those who think they can't have a good life, sober....a shot :)

I am closing in a 2 decades since my last drink, and never a day go by that I am not thankful for my sobriety..... :)

Posted: January 5, 2021, 12:17 PM
completely agree. Every day I wake up I am grateful to be sober, to be able to remember my prior evening, and not scramble to my phone to try to see who i drunkenly texted the night prior.

post replypost new topic