post replypost new topic
Hell-o.......

Posted: December 19, 2020, 8:26 PM
Hey gang, my name is Ed, and I am a old fart, but a sober old fart of 18 years......

I am slow to realize this new technology and INTERNET stuff and just had a brain smack that hey I could search out a place to share, help, encourage others who have experienced the same effects that booze grips us with......

Yes, 18 years, but I can still feel to this day how it strangled, confused, and tried to destroy me....
And ya know what, I'll never forget what that feels like.....NEVER, because I never want to think I am "over it" and lie to myself again....

Anyway....don't want to bore you just yet, plenty of time for that later....you'll be begging me to SHUT UP!

Love sharing and talking about this stuff......don't hold it in, get it out, it's amazing just how wrong we are about ourselves, once you expose it....ya have a "well duh" moment....I promise!

Glad to be here, real glad....thanks for being here!

Posted: December 19, 2020, 9:19 PM
Hi Ed. Welcome to the board. 10 years for me. I can attest to the importance of encouragement and support via this board as this is the place where I got sober. It used to be a busy place here back then but since the arrival of Facebook and other advancements in technology activity on here declined dramatically. I still come here tho , just in case someone is looking for encouragement or needing help. I post a song on average of once a week because I believe music can also play a role in recovery . It is nice that you dropped by and looking forward to seeing more of you. Take care,stay safe and as they say you are never too old to learn. :)

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: December 20, 2020, 12:37 AM
Thanks Pirate.....
I did glance through the site and noticed much of the activity was a little dated.

Funny thing about life, it seems to be cylindrical in nature, a new toy captures much attention, until the next new toy comes along, however, some things have such deep roots, they hang on until folks realize they search for something new, is nothing new after all.... sorta like that Dorothy chick came to find out, after much energy spent on try to find it.

I'll bide my time and wait with you, if for only one chance to give to another what many gave to me, when I was at wits end......
post replypost new topic