post replypost new topic
Holy s*** I'm Still Sober.

Posted: November 8, 2020, 3:15 PM
October 19, 2016 I had my last drunk. It was a doozie. Lost my car, only because I forgot where I parked it, spent an asinine amount of month on KFC, ate a bite and crashed. It was the worst day of my life. The next day I applied for the first time in my life for welfare. Only after being denied assistance at West Hills Mental Institute because I had no insurance. They told me that if I even just applied, even if I got denied, there was a grant that would help me detox at West Care Detox facilities. It was the longest 3 days of my life. I went to meetings, I slept, I ate a s*** load of sugar, and with complete black out from the rest of the world I was able to just be. I had HORRIBLE nightmares and felt sick. After I got out the fear I felt was far bigger than anything I ever have known.

I knew that if I drank again I would die.
I knew that if I went to meetings I would find hope.
I knew that if I did the work I would get better.

I did work, I got better, I moved, I travelled, I restarted my college education and I am poised to graduate with my bachelors in business administration in May of 2021. After that I am going to get my MBA. I have started my own marketing business and am currently living a life I never dreamed possible.

I only come here to write to those who are Serenity Seekers..... Who wish to do better, want to be better and know they have the chance to have a better life.

I pray for you today. If you are reading this 1 hour or 1 year from it's publication... I pray for you. I pray for anyone who reads this that they may find a glimmer of hope in this darkness of Addiction. It is not insurmountable. Get into what works. The big book, the Celebrate recovery pamphlets, the therapists suggested readings. There is help. There is hope. Go grab your hope and get some help!

It's not something to take on all alone. You can do it, but it's easier if you don't do it alone.

I love you. Take care. Have hope. Be happy.

Posted: November 9, 2020, 7:30 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! You are a miracle.

This post has been edited by pirate on November 9, 2020, 7:31 PM

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: November 11, 2020, 3:22 PM
Great work you have done to take your life back serenity seeker. Keep it up and enjoy .🐝

Posted: April 23, 2021, 3:21 AM
Nice one

Posted: April 23, 2021, 5:22 PM
Congrats 👏💐
Panda

Posted: July 22, 2021, 12:40 PM
Love your post, feeling right now like there is little hope for me, I am trying and failing and I need to care for my elderly father and I have financial and health insurance limitations but I guess the biggy is not leaving my Dad. I am praying to get healthy and your post is inspiring. Thank you
post replypost new topic