post replypost new topic
Relationship/recovery Crossroads

Posted: August 10, 2020, 10:32 AM
Hello I am new here obviously.
I’ve been sober for 2 1/2 years.
My quandary is that I’ve been with the same person for the last 5 years so half of that I was completely drunk ect. When we met I was in terrible shape and very much lost. Since becoming sober I have changed in personality and fundamentally in many ways. I’ve gone on a completely different path from this person and find that I are growing more and more distant. To the point where it has become more of a friendship/roommate feeling.
I do love this person but no longer romantically... if I ever did. When we met I was drunk and went along with it. They don’t drink at all so that isn’t an issue.
I guess my question is this..
Am I wrong for wanting to be sober alone and live life alone and sober for the first time ever? I feel that I’ve never experienced a clear head and being able to move ahead as an individual.
I feel that I am being weighed down at home.. it’s depressing and most of it is because I have changed so much.
I just feel I need to stand on my own two feet in my day to day growth and I’m being held back.
Has anyone else been through something similar?

Posted: August 11, 2020, 1:47 PM
Hi Mlm.. yes I relate. We change , we become US , we can make choices and decisions and we grow. All of what you describe is normal for someone who have sobered up. If I have any advice to give you it would be ...to thine who self be true.. if and when at all possible.

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: September 22, 2020, 3:05 PM
Hi Anthony How are you doing?

*** Anthony's post was removed. He's a spammer. - the moderators ***

This post has been edited by moderator on September 23, 2020, 9:29 AM

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
post replypost new topic