post replypost new topic
Tremors
Xombee

Posted: July 7, 2020, 12:47 AM
Tremors and jaundice are real, and they don't occur at the most convenient times. If I had an alcohol binge, and decided to quit because of social expectations, I can't drink a bottle of water or eat a meal in public because of my tremors, especially in my hands. And jaundice sneaks up on you before you know it. I have always been depressed throughout my life in some way. But when a big event occurs, like the loss of a loved one through death or an unsuspected break up, I couldn't drink from a glass or have a night of peaceful sleep because of uncontrollable shaking if I tried to stop drinking.

I don't get hangovers anymore, but that's not some kind of twisted blessing. You have to stick with it for weeks or months depending on where you are in your life. But the day I saw my eyes and skin turn yellow, it just increased my anxiety and caused me to drink. Now for how bad the tremors can be...

It seems like you're being punished for controlling yourself, but it's a natural reaction to something you are addicted to. When I woke up after several days of not drinking, I couldn't get out of bed without stumbling. The alcohol was gone from my system, but I walked like someone going through physical training from an injury to their spine. But trying to get my has to operate in a normal way was impossible. I couldn't reach for anything in a refrigerator with any success. I couldn't write legibly. Because of that, I avoided human contact, which starts the cycle all over again. If you feel tremors, you're getting better. Stay with it.

Posted: July 7, 2020, 11:56 AM
Hi. Hope you are feeling better.

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
Xombee

Posted: July 10, 2020, 8:50 PM
Thank you. I'm not there yet, but I'm trying.
post replypost new topic