post replypost new topic
Wanting To Be A Better Father

Posted: April 29, 2020, 9:49 AM
Life just wouldn't let up on me and after a series of s*** events I had a glass of wine the girl who had just broke up with me left and that was it. 4 years of sobriety over.

I was a brilliant Dad until I hit the bottle again. We still have good times but I'm always thinking about getting loaded. I used to be fit and healthy and happy and now I'm back to drink driving (not with my son on board) and missing work from benders.

I've actually been able to not drink most of the week but then the weekends I just lay into it. Just regained my consciousness after a 3 day stint drinking morning till night. Now it's Wednesday and I'm still too hungover to work. Still battling with the concept that sometimes I can drink happily and sensibly but then others I can't, guess I know deep down I need to not drink at all.

Just don't want to be a drunk, chubby dad and be the role model for him I once was. Also not to die young and miss him growing and abandon him.

Got work to face up to and I've called the docs. It's time to try and get sober again. Just don't know if I have the energy to fight it again!

Posted: May 18, 2020, 7:27 AM
I am crying with you.
I have a son and I just want to be a good Daddy for him and a good role model and be there for him so that he has a good life.

I can so relate to the staying out of work and becoming a someone I dont like.

Come on we can do this.

Thank you for your message, its good to know I'm not alone feeling like this and going through this.

--------------------
undefined
post replypost new topic