post replypost new topic
Relapse And Trying To Convieve
Barb

Posted: April 24, 2020, 7:12 AM
I was sober for 3 years from alcohol. I relapsed about a year ago and have since had a few relapses that lasted a a few days. We have been trying doing fertility treatments trying to conceive our first child . My last relapse was the last straw for my husband. He refused to even consider EVER having a child with me bc he thinks I can.t manage 9 months sober. I have made more personal growth and changes over the last few months I hardly recognize yself. He is t interested in acknowledging my growth or even setting a goal/timeline for which he would reconsider having a child. I don’t have any desire to drink and I absolutely love all that I’ve accomplished since the relapse but it isn’t enough for him. I’m 33 and will feel like my life wasn’t fully fulfilled if I don’t have a child be my oartner doesn’t believe that I’m strong enough to make changes. What do I do? I feel the clock ticking constantly and my resentment towards him growing daily. Is it time to cut my losses?

Posted: April 25, 2020, 6:50 AM
What are you doing to stay sober? Are you going to meetings? Active in AA? Going to therapy? How are you showing him you are serous about recovery?

This post has been edited by 12 stepper on April 25, 2020, 6:50 AM

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

post replypost new topic