post replypost new topic
Alcoholism In The Time Of Coronavirus...

Posted: March 15, 2020, 3:52 PM
Okay, a bit of a stretch considering the story, "Love in the Time of Cholera (2007)…"

With AA clubhouses being shut down, meeting places being shuttered, and even handshakes and hugs now off limits, I have to remember just how close to dying I was when I came into the rooms of AA. I took enormous risks when I was out there serving my addictions and doing the deal.

Had a meeting at noon today and the topic was, as one would suspect, FEAR--the AA definition of it--and how many AAs went to any lengths to get their magic elixirs. Followed by going to any lengths to stay sober and that peace that passes all understanding during troubled times: God. Additional precautions are necessary, but there are dozens of recovery boards like this one (I got sober back in 2007 here), chat-rooms, and simple telephone calls to others in recovery. Anywhere that two or more gather is enough reason to have a meeting. Grab a Big Book and make some calls. Help keep yourself sober by helping others stay sober....

This post has been edited by skg on March 16, 2020, 7:54 AM

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: March 16, 2020, 6:55 PM
Hi Skg good to see you around here again :). As you know I got sober on this board as well. I still use the internet as the main and now my only source of my sobriety. The AA program will work regardless of where you work it from if you are serious about your recovery. There are many sites that a person can attend meetings, chat to other alcoholics and find support along with daily readings and recovery work . It is good that you posted .. If anyone is interested.. stepchat.com is a place where you can chat, attend meetings etc with others in recovery. Stay safe everyone.

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
post replypost new topic