post replypost new topic
#day66 Starts Now!

Posted: February 24, 2020, 6:39 AM
Hello everyone!

It's me again Wishing. I'm now at day 66 without a drop. I've thought about all of you and figured it's time for me to post again.

Love,
Wishing

Posted: February 24, 2020, 5:19 PM
I actually haven't been on this site for a while, but did check in this morning, more family support I'm on, and just thought I'd check in, so glad your still going well often use to think how you where, I tended to step back on this site as I felt it consumed me, but lovely to hear when there is success stories, keep it up

Posted: February 29, 2020, 3:31 PM
Sad eyes ty so much!

This group really did help me when I went 260 and some days and then relapsed because I didnt have the right copying mechanisms in place.

I'm happy to say I have a decent number back behind me of 71 today

Love,

Wishing

Posted: March 3, 2020, 11:50 AM
Congratulations.
It became apparent to me after a few months of not drinking, that I needed something to replace the power that alcohol and outside issues gave me. A power greater than myself alone.
At first, it was an individual on this board (even though I went to AA meetings daily), and then it was several people on this board as well as those in the group I attended. I would ask questions to verify if what was being said in meetings was true... And I didn't drink in between meetings.
Eventually (6 months) I found someone who would walk me through the steps--a sponsor of sorts--and show me how to work the Steps. And I didn't drink.
After finishing the steps I shared my experience (albeit very little) with people here. And I continued to go to meetings. And I didn't drink. And then I had folks start asking me to sponsor them and walk them through the steps the same way my sponsor had shown me. And I continued to go to meetings. And I didn't drink. And I came here. Everyday.
In about an hour I will go to my Home Group in AA and present my Experience, Strength, and Hope in a Speaker Meeting. And I won't drink.
I've found a relationship with God, not a religion, and I've learned to face life on life's terms while staying sober. And I share with others, work with others, and carry the message that was first carried to me on this very board and in the rooms of AA.
And I haven't found it necessary to drink for over twelve years....
Hang around. Ask questions. Find a Face-to-Face meeting. Ask questions. Look for a sponsor.
And don't drink between meetings. More will be revealed.
Hello, Pirate... ;) And all those whom I've never seen who've helped me stay sober all this time.
Praise God.

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: March 4, 2020, 8:06 PM
Welcome Back Wishing.Glad you survived to come back...Skg had some good advice .. Hope you will stick around and keep coming back..:) Hi Skg.. thank you ,good to see you post again...

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: March 11, 2020, 4:04 AM
Skg tyvm for the advice!

Pirate I've missed you 😍

Sadeyes, everyone who's seen my ups and downs.

#Day82 Starts now!

Love,
Wishing

Posted: March 12, 2020, 9:32 AM
Keep doing what's working. For me, and I can only tell you what worked for me, coming here regularly removed the loneliness and separating I felt when I started changing playgrounds and playpals.
Especially now, during some turbulent times, it's nice to know that folks are staying sober. The principles of staying sober do not change regardless the circumstances, so it's important to develop simple new habits early.
Keep on keeping on, and stick with the winners!

--------------------

Posted: March 13, 2020, 12:53 PM
Hi Wishing how are you doing today?

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:51 AM
#Day89 starts now!

Hi Pirate πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ I hope all is well 😘

I hope everyone is safe!

Tomorrow is 3 Month's 😏

Love,
Wishing

Posted: March 19, 2020, 3:08 PM
Happy 90 days -- if you made it....
Now's a good time to find a sponsor, work the steps. Stick with the winners!

--------------------

Posted: April 12, 2020, 12:25 PM
glad to hear your still doing well always good to hear success stories, especially as things are ATM in this crazy world, it's a challenging time for all, keep up the great work take care also, my son is actually doing well ATM, so I am feeling a bit more relaxed about things, although I don't think I will ever let my guard down, I'm to scared of what could be, anyway good to hear your still going strong on your journey keep up the great work
Sad eyes

Posted: April 12, 2020, 12:28 PM
Wishing well sorry this has changed a bit the guest post was from sad eyesπŸ€”πŸ€”

Posted: May 4, 2020, 1:57 AM
Hi,

I hope everyone is doing well and being safe.
I thought about this group just nowand wanted to report that I'm doing good . I'm at 136 days since my last drink and over 30lbs lost!!

It is 1 day at a time and it's not easy but it is well worth it !!

Im starting to see positive physical results and that keeps me going . I'm also glad I stopped before Christmas and this pandemic....

I was very bad with my daily and nightly drinking . It's a life long disease for me and i know I cant have it again.

Not even 1 drink

Love,

Wishing

Posted: May 14, 2020, 7:56 AM
That's great news, yes one day at a time, brings a smile to my face when I hear success stories, gives ya hope, I'm feeling hopefull ATM with my son, going good but can never seem to let the gaurd down, keep up with your recovery and wishing you all the best in these crazy times

This post has been edited by sad eyes on May 14, 2020, 7:57 AM
post replypost new topic