post replypost new topic
First Time Dts. Way Beyond Bad, Almost Died.

Posted: November 21, 2019, 11:02 PM

I am coming off a bad binge. Sober 3 days now and I just had Delerium tremens over the past several days. I just wanted to tell anyone how terrified I was and still am. I hope I can regain normal movement and speech. I am just now able to even think or communicate a little. The terror of it has blown my mind. I had never known about them. Guess I thought it wouldn't happen to me. Seizures hallucinations the whole list ...every single symptom has occurred and I'm really glad to be alive. Feel like I might be ok in a week or so. Im far from ok right now but I know there must be a reason it happened. was to help keep me motivated for lasting sobriety. Made me aware that my level of alcohol abuse is out of control. Must change my thinking about some things! If I had insurance I'd go back to treatment again. Maybe I would Take it more seriously now. Easy to say this stuff early on but I hope this makes me done forever. So, I need to go back to A.A. soon as I can function enough to do that. That's all for now I guess. Any reply, ideas, any experience with DTs ...would be appreciated. Just need a kind word as I try to recover from the trauma I

Posted: November 23, 2019, 5:08 PM
StepChat.com SmartRecovery.org

hydrate yourself - liquids, soup, fruits, vegetables.

Posted: January 4, 2020, 4:18 PM
Sid,

This seems to be the second time I'm commenting on one of your posts.

Reminds me of when I had a full blown panic attack that almost led to a stroke. Was horrible!!!! I really though at the time that, that was it for me.

Listen, I would really like to refer you to this free Christian treatment that I went through, and as I said; They are free and have centers all over the world.

I'll challenge you: Give them a call, go once and if nothing changes then you never have to go back. Fair enough?
post replypost new topic