post replypost new topic
6 Months Sober......
lMichael G.

Posted: April 30, 2019, 7:44 PM
As of this May 6, I will have been stone sober and alcohol free for 6 months!!! I am a married, retired 75 yo man who started drinking before I could drive! It caused a variety of problems over my life and is my greatest regret!

Since quitting, my entire life has changed for the better - marriage, quality of life, kids, friends etc....

All I can say is.... Do it!.... Quit!!!... It will be difficult, some more than others, just do it. It will be one of life;s greatest accomplishments!!! Trust me on that!!!

Posted: May 1, 2019, 8:58 AM
Congratulations on your accomplishments! I was 53 before I got and stayed sober. I too have regrets but it is important to remember that we cannot change the past but we can make a difference to what our present and future will be like. Don't bring the past into your new life because if you do it will tarnish what you have achieved and the effects of alcohol /drugs will still have a power over you. We are not victims but survivors , move forward with the knowledge and the wisdom you have gained and live for today. Again Congratulations and you are right.. IT IS SO WORTH IT!

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: May 28, 2019, 12:15 PM
Good Job!

Hope to see you post 12 months 6 months from now
post replypost new topic