post replypost new topic
Same Old Story

Posted: March 17, 2019, 11:59 AM
Hello,new user,but certainly not new to alcohol problems.This is just the latest in a long line of messing up..My partner had booked us a few days away,and the night before the flight i went out until 5 am and now im sitting at my parents instead of being away.Im sick of messing up and lying and then feeling so down about it,yet its the same old cycle

Posted: March 17, 2019, 12:14 PM
Hi Dalem Sucks doesn't it? but for those of us who are sober it is a good reminder of how it was because we have all been there. For those who suffer from alcoholism drinking has a different effect on us than the normal drinker. We cannot undo what we have done but we can prevent ourselves from messing up in the future. The way I did it was to get treatment , I joined AA, I went to a treatment center , had counselling and work a program that keeps me sober while living life on lifes terms. Whatever method we choose to recover we cannot do it alone . It takes work, perseverance and help. If you want to change your life there is a solution but you have to be willing to do whatever it takes . Take care and I hope today will be your first day in recovery and on a journey that will lead you to sobriety...

This post has been edited by pirate on March 17, 2019, 12:29 PM

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: March 17, 2019, 12:32 PM
Thank you.I lost everything friday night,I've had chances and not woken up to what I've been like.Its my third relationship I've ruined in exactly the same way.I know i need to change but always think I'm cured and go back to the same dsetructive behaviour. At the moment I'm in the stage of wishing i weren't here but know that isn't the answer.I just feel so desperate and lost

Posted: March 17, 2019, 1:19 PM

Hi Dalem. I know the feeling. I have experienced it myself in active addiction as did many others. It is difficult for you to believe right now that there is a way out and a way to a better way of life. I have been been sober now for 8 and a half years and never thought it possible but here I am proof that recovery can happen. It is not something that can be accomplished overnight or in a short time but if you are sick and tired of being SICK AND TIRED then let today be the day that you make up your mind to do something about your addiction. If you are willing there are chatlines on the internet that can give you a feel for what it would be like at AA meetings or you can attend them online at stepchat.com...I am also providing you a link where you can read the book of AA . Just take what you can use and leave the rest.

stepchat.com..... source of support and meetings..

https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Take a chance and indulge yourself by checking these two sites out.. you have nothing to lose and everything to gain...

--------------------

Posted: March 17, 2019, 1:35 PM
Thank you for that.Its so hard hurting people i love along the way.lies and reckless behaviour.I cant expect anyone to put up with that.

Posted: March 17, 2019, 1:54 PM
Hi Dalem. No you can't but let that be your incentive to change your behaviour. If you are indeed suffering from alcoholism you are not a bad person but a sick person. Sick people need treatment to get well. You are not your disease so do not let it define you . You have to start somewhere and today is just as good as any other. ..

--------------------
post replypost new topic