post replypost new topic
What Are Aa Meetings Like ?
Joe

Posted: February 7, 2019, 10:51 AM
So I know I need to do something and ive considered AA. Im curious what are the meetings like? I just assumed it was a bunch of people who had DUI's and it was a court order.

Whats it like?

Thanks

Posted: February 7, 2019, 9:47 PM

Hi Joe.. It is a place where you meet people who have gone through the same s@@@
you have , who understand you and who are recovering and will give you support, love and acceptance..
check out stepchat.com
or
http://www.justfortodaymeditations.com/....you will find a chat room there as well....or you can attend a face to face meeting and see for yourself.....good luck

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: February 11, 2019, 7:30 AM
I went to AA because I knew I was drinking too much. At my first meeting it was suggested that I try going to 6 different AA groups before making a decision as to whether AA was right for me or not.

this was good advice because some meetings are very different to others.

It took me a long time, but I did eventually get sober through AA and now have 9.5 years sobriety to my name. I'm a happy customer of AA.

Good luck to you and come back and let us know how you get on.
Idgie

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.
post replypost new topic