post replypost new topic
Alcohol Abuse

Posted: November 30, 2018, 8:59 AM
Hello, everybody, several weeks ago I decided to start a new life and to become a new person. My new life without addiction. I have been drinking alcohol for several years and it was the only treatment against all my problems. Now I stop drinking, but problems are still with me and only become bigger. I feel anxious and depressed. I found several sites, like Addiction Resource, and there I can find some useful information, but I need some advice from somebody with the same experience. THANK YOU!

Posted: December 1, 2018, 9:15 PM
Hi Jo. That was my experience too so I relate. It took me a while to learn that though things seemed worse it was because I was more aware of what was happening around me and to me. It is depressing, it is difficult and it seems hopeless at times. I can assure you that if you get help, have someone you trust to help guide you then you will learn to deal with life on lifes terms. It is not easy but it is doeable.. I did it , still doing it and so far have accumulated 8 years of sobriety by doing it one day at a time and taking life one day at a time..hang in there it will get better...

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: December 3, 2018, 3:40 PM
The best choices that we can make for ourselves are usually the hardest choices that we will have to make. I know it is cliche, but if the right choice was easy, everyone would make the right choice more often. That's what I tell myself anyway. The overwhelming feelings and depression are real, but stay on this site, stay connected, and you will feel less alone in the struggle

Posted: December 10, 2018, 6:57 AM
Aint that the truth - you put the drink down for a few days and you can no longer HIDE. Now you have to face REALITY. Yup it sucks at first but it does get better.

And the truth is if you keep drinking those problems will just multiply. I have learned a simple truth.
Today no matter what problem I may have in my life, a drink will guaranteed make it worse.

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: December 11, 2018, 5:00 AM
Bravo!!

Posted: December 11, 2018, 5:33 AM
I'm at 145 days today. I was really bad to myself daily for many many years. I'm happy with my new life and it's awesome to have all the people talking positive about me instead of how it always used to be negative. It's a total game changer and it's a feeling that feels way better than alcohol could ever make you feel. Good luck you got this
Lin

Posted: January 5, 2019, 5:43 AM
Found this forum when I in desperation searched the Net AGAIN this morning..
I surely wish to quit drinking, and also have no idea HOW!

Posted: January 6, 2019, 10:57 AM
Hi Lin . Are you still popping in on this site?

--------------------
Erin

Posted: January 10, 2019, 11:25 AM
Day one of sobriety for me. Would love some support. Going to go to a meeting tonight. I need to find some positive friends to surround myself with -- right now I only have my Boyfiried, but he doesnt drink, so he doesnt fully understand how hard it is

Posted: January 11, 2019, 10:40 AM

Hi Erin Welcome. Have you thought about attending AA meetings? If you are uncertain of what to expect or scared to go in person you can do so online at Stepchat.com. Also there is an open chat on this link...along with daily readings at

http://www.justfortodaymeditations.com/

You can also read the big book of alcoholics anonymous at

https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Hope you will find this useful...keep coming back...

--------------------

Posted: August 26, 2019, 7:16 AM
Hi Jo ! Getting anxious and depressed is very common in this kind of issue. Right now one thing I know that using alcohol to cope with social anxiety disorder can be dangerous. Therefore, this time I suggest either to stop drinking or consult any alcohol hotline no for more help to you.

post replypost new topic