post replypost new topic
Bad News From Home
michelleC1963

Posted: October 7, 2018, 12:57 PM
I almost lost my (Oct 31st) sober date on Tuesday. I am going to a meeting every day because I realize I had become complacent. I may have to go to Vancouver soon because my sister has terminal cancer. I want to insure i stay sober. None of my family believes that I am an alcoholic. I have a meeting list but I would like to connect with some strong women there before I go for that extra insurance.
Michelle

Posted: October 8, 2018, 2:22 PM
Hi Michelle... Sorry to read that you have bad news regarding your sister. Many recovering alcoholics have lost their sobriety due to complacency. Our treatment is daily recovery work and it works much the same as any medication for a disease. A diabetic will take pills or insulin, we read and do recovery work. There is also meetings online at stepchat.com if you can't make it to a face to face meeting. The fact is life does not change when we get sober.We still have to deal with life on lifes terms but our reaction can change when we work a strong recovery program. Drinking to cope will not change the circumstances and will only make matters worse for you and for those who love you. I understand your thoughts but please remember that your disease will lie to you and will strike when you are vulnerable. Do what you have to do to maintain and protect your sobriety ..I hope you will post again. Take care ...

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: October 9, 2018, 12:21 PM
I got capril tablets from the docors. I used to go to unity & they advised them. The really do help withe the cravings. Sorry to hear about your sister. Good luck

This post has been edited by ljpcom on October 9, 2018, 12:22 PM
post replypost new topic