post replypost new topic
Starting Alcohol Recovery. Tips Appreciated
Chris

Posted: June 7, 2018, 1:43 PM
My name is Chris and I'm soon to be 25 years old. After losing my job a few days ago, I've decided to quit drinking alcohol for the foreseeable future. I've been a casual drinker since turning 21, but for about a year I've essentially drank morning, afternoon and evening. I have some concerns with quitting that friends and family have mentioned. A little background info: I'm probably about 50lbs overweight (I'm 5'8) and haven't seriously exercised in years. I've quit for a few days multiple times and have never had any withdrawal symptoms that I've heard of outside of a little voice in my head telling my to go buy more booze and occasionally sweating more than usual. I'm not worried about any painful symptoms but more so with potential deadly seizures. How should I proceed, ween myself off of alcohol or go cold turkey? Thanks

Posted: June 10, 2018, 6:43 PM
Hi Chris. My advice would be to seek medical help for your detoxing..

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:30 PM
talk to your Dr. Ive been drinking for 25 years.
Ive been working really hard at it ( sober) for 6 days, this time around.
I never thought a Dr. could help, "its all in my head" " i can quit if i want it bad enough"
So not true for me. Ive started to look at things a bit differntley.

Just be honest with yourself about drinking, talk to your Dr. They can Help.
one day at a time. Im at the beggining of a new journey for the 405th time. Never give UP

Posted: June 28, 2018, 8:49 AM
Don't drink. Go to AA. Ask for help.

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.
Tb

Posted: July 17, 2018, 11:01 PM
See a doctor, withdrawl can kill you, I have been hospitalized trying to detox on my own. A doctor will help keep you safe from seizures, so that you can get healthy and sober.
post replypost new topic