post replypost new topic
3 Years Sober Today

Posted: June 5, 2018, 9:35 AM
I would like to thank Pirate, sky, idgie, and everyone else on here who has talked with me over the last ten years on here. Wow, been coming around this board for TEN years. Crazy. Today I have 3 years sober and it’s really quite unbelievable to me. I probably don’t deserve it but somehow I am here with a 2 yr old daughter, a job, a place to live and I woke up today sober with a clear head, didn’t have to remember where I was or what I did the night before, no bruises or bloody feet this morning, no shame, no sickness...just gratitude.

Thanks guys..

Posted: June 5, 2018, 1:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ! SO PROUD OF YOU!

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: June 5, 2018, 3:54 PM
God is good. Congratulations, Bud.

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: June 27, 2018, 8:20 AM
belated congratulations! Hard to believe where the years go isn't it?

Wonderful just wonderful to hear your continued success Dods, I used to pray and hope that you would get it one day - and now you have! so happy for you
Idgie

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.
matt

Posted: June 27, 2018, 8:43 PM
Wow I bet thats feels NICE. I tried to do the taper with beer...12 10..8..6..4..2.. nothing got clean for a week then some bull s*** would happen then BOOM back to VODKA..YAY!! Panik attacks shame guilt etccc.etcc..etcc..

Posted: July 12, 2018, 1:06 PM
Wow, Adam, YOU are definitely a miracle and I'm so glad to see you finally quit fighting it. Thank you for coming and sharing your ES&H. I always prayed for you as well.

All my love,
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.
tryingtokeepthefaith

Posted: September 26, 2018, 6:13 PM
Congrats! May I ask how you did it? What finally brought you to the point of quitting? How old were you?
Sorry for so many questions. I have a young adult son who I am praying will finally stay on the sober road. It has been a long excruciating road.

Posted: June 5, 2019, 9:44 AM
Sorry just saw this.

How did I do it? Hmmmm. I had to get to a point where to continue drinking was far too painful than to stop. I went to AA, prayed, got a sponsor, went to treatment (again), and I’m probably just lucky up to this point.

I was 32 when I got sober.
post replypost new topic